Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen - Registry Error (2 minutes? after startup)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DrSatanDracula

DrSatanDracula

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:16 AM

Dear everyone,

About 30 minutes ago when I turned on my computer, I had significant trouble. Three things occurred:

1. My Malwarebytes Anti-Malware didn't load, so I logged off windows to try to correct this (as this occasionally happens). The log off  hanged and froze my computer, requiring a hard restart.

2. When I returned to Windows everything appeared to run smoothly...until a BSOD indicated there was a registry error and it shut down.

3. Upon reboot, I clicked check for solution, it appeared to fix the solution, Malware Bytes popped up and....then another minute elapsed before the same error.

I went into Windows Startup Repair, ran a quick startup repair, and restarted. Malwarebytes popped up before any sort of solution prompt for the BSOD, and it appears that my BSOD has not returned.

I even restarted (proper restart) to make sure nothing bad is happening. It restarted just fine.

I've attached the Blue Screen View of the two blue screens.

My system information is:

Windows 7 Home Premium
6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

HP H8-1242 PC.

Intel Core i-7 2600 @ 3.40 GHz

12 gigs ram.

Could anyone help me figure out whether or not this problem is resolved? Or if any further action is needed? I am concerned my system may still be unstable.

The only thing that may have caused these problems that I can think of are:

1. I ran a full virus scan with Malware Bytes yesterday.

2. I also deleted out my Windows temp folder.

Thank you for your help in advance.

EDIT: I have the premium Malwarebytes.

Attached Files

Edited by DrSatanDracula, 08 March 2015 - 12:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:21 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#3 Victoria-Joe

Victoria-Joe

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:15 AM

Just try out this solution: First run a good computer cleaning software to clean all the junk files. Then scan your PC with an antivirus and antimalware utility. If still the problem persists, then run system restore and boot your PC in safe mode.

#4 DrSatanDracula

DrSatanDracula
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:23 AM

Just try out this solution: First run a good computer cleaning software to clean all the junk files. Then scan your PC with an antivirus and antimalware utility. If still the problem persists, then run system restore and boot your PC in safe mode.

Thanks for your help but this issue is no longer a problem. I had to install a new HDD as this previous one failed on me.

Alas!

Thank you both.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:58 AM

Thanks for letting us know...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users