About 30 minutes ago when I turned on my computer, I had significant trouble. Three things occurred:
1. My Malwarebytes Anti-Malware didn't load, so I logged off windows to try to correct this (as this occasionally happens). The log off hanged and froze my computer, requiring a hard restart.
2. When I returned to Windows everything appeared to run smoothly...until a BSOD indicated there was a registry error and it shut down.
3. Upon reboot, I clicked check for solution, it appeared to fix the solution, Malware Bytes popped up and....then another minute elapsed before the same error.
I went into Windows Startup Repair, ran a quick startup repair, and restarted. Malwarebytes popped up before any sort of solution prompt for the BSOD, and it appears that my BSOD has not returned.
I even restarted (proper restart) to make sure nothing bad is happening. It restarted just fine.
I've attached the Blue Screen View of the two blue screens.
My system information is:
Windows 7 Home Premium
6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
HP H8-1242 PC.
Intel Core i-7 2600 @ 3.40 GHz
12 gigs ram.
Could anyone help me figure out whether or not this problem is resolved? Or if any further action is needed? I am concerned my system may still be unstable.
The only thing that may have caused these problems that I can think of are:
1. I ran a full virus scan with Malware Bytes yesterday.
2. I also deleted out my Windows temp folder.
Thank you for your help in advance.
EDIT: I have the premium Malwarebytes.
Edited by DrSatanDracula, 08 March 2015 - 12:36 AM.