Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My USB don't have a label after formatting :(

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sharly55

sharly55

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:07 AM

Recently I formatted my USB due to a virus which made .ink files and I couldn't delete it normally, now my USB work fine but don't have label.

I tried change the name in the Windows Explorer and using the tool Wizard Partition Magic and nothing :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pravin007techno

pravin007techno

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:12 AM

To change, add, or remove a drive letter
  1. Open Computer Management by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Computer Management. 18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_48. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. In the left pane, click Disk Management.

3. Right-click the drive that you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.

4. Do one of the following:

• To assign a drive letter if one has not already been assigned, click Add, click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

• To change a drive letter, click Change, click Assign the following drive letter, click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

• To remove a drive letter, click Remove, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to remove it.

#3 sharly55

sharly55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:01 AM

Thank you for answering, but my problem isn't the device letter, is the label. the name that display when is inserted into USB port , Only say "Removable Disk (E:)" instead of "My Name (E:)" tried changed it in properties but nothing also I used partition wizard magic with function "Set Label" but also without any result...

In Disk Management, I can see the label that I wrote it but in Windows Explorer I can't.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,976 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:23 AM

Does the following work. Open Computer with the USB flash drive attached. Click once on the flash drive to highlight it. Click once again and it should let you edit the name.

#5 sharly55

sharly55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2015 - 02:07 PM

Does the following work. Open Computer with the USB flash drive attached. Click once on the flash drive to highlight it. Click once again and it should let you edit the name.

I do that but don't work at the beginning but later I unplug and plug my device and the label changed :) thank you

#6 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:47 PM

Hmm...well here's another way to try. Open a command prompt, and type "label x: example". Substitute "x" for the letter currently assigned to your USB stick. Substitute "example" for the label you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users