Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compaq Presario CQ62 - Windows 7 OS 64 bit overheating and crashing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 coyora

coyora

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:48 PM

I was over in the other forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567164/windows-7-os-something-keeps-turning-off-my-anti-virus-please-help-me-kill-it/

having my malware removed by Yilmaz (olgun52), who is a WONDROUS, WONDROUS magician whom I respect and love, and he thought that my problem of my pc overheating and crashing was caused by a hardware issue rather than malware.

He said this:

MiniToolBox >>Result.txt:

ACPI Thermal Zone = ACPI\ThermalZone\TZ01        
_HOT = 381K

If anyone can help me with this I would truly appreciate it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:09 AM

is there a vent in the back where you can feel air coming out? is it warm, hot? is the exhaust air flow weak or firm? warm and firm air flow is ideal whereas hot and weak exhaust air is a sign of internal airflow obstruction, probably an obstructed cpu heatsink.  laptops usually have the cpu situated in the back, right inside the exhaust vent.

don't be alarmed, it is common and can be corrected.

you can download speccy from the download section here, it is an internal system auditor that reveals many details about your PC , especially temperatures. if your cpu temperature is anywhere over 60 degrees celsius, it is a sign of trouble.

also, if you pull up your task manager, it can tell you alot about how your cpu is getting taxed and the processes that is using resources.Attached File  !task.JPG   89.86KB   1 downloads

Edited by synergy513, 08 March 2015 - 03:21 AM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#3 coyora

coyora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:24 PM

I think that the fan is probably weak and warm, it doesn't blow strongly against my hand and it's not that hot, my laptop bottom feels a lot hotter than the air.  When I watch the Speccy program, the motherboard is above 60 degrees Celcius.  It went up to 118 degrees Celsius and then my computer crashed.

Thank you so much for your help!!!

#4 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:29 AM

sure thing,

fans do get dusty and over time lose their effectiveness little by little.. my guess is you have an obstructed heatsink, hence forced air is not passing through it efficiently  moving the heat away.

#5 coyora

coyora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:08 AM

What can I do to fix it?

Thanks so much for your help and advice!!!

#6 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:33 PM

first thing is to get the obstruction removed. that would mean disassembly of the laptop. that is something that i would not recommend if you haven't done a profuse amount of homework to prepare for....alot of users just use canned compressed air and point it into the exhaust vent to blow out the dust, and that may be effective some of the time and in an effort t avoid a disassemby seems like the easiest thing to start with.

there are lots of youtube videos i found from a quick google search, i will link  one of them..

#7 coyora

coyora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:40 PM

Thank you very much for your help and advice, I will attempt the compressed air solution, if it doesn't work I will get somebody to fix it for me that has experience, because even when I try to clean the dirt out of my fan, I end up with extra pieces left over, and I think that would kill my computer pretty good XD

Problem solved~~

Thanks for all your help again!!!

#8 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:00 AM

sure thing.

disassembling laptops is just one of those things where so many things can go wrong when it all goes back together, rendering the PC useless and leaving the user befuddled as to what went wrong. it is not a task to be taken lightly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users