Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Envy H8 freezes while booting up

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 starwarsgeek

starwarsgeek

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:25 PM

Hoping I can get some help with this... I have an HP Envy H8 that I bought two years ago (March 3 2012 to be exact). I use the PC constantly, and it's on 24/7 as I use it as a media server for the house and stream music to every room, have PLEX installed to watch movies, etc. So the PC is never off for more than a few minutes when I reboot it every 6-8 weeks or so.

Today, when I came home, I noticed that the PC had frozen and wouldn't wake up. When I tried to boot it, I get the HP logo screen and the swirling dots going around at the bottom once or twice, and then the dots freeze and the PC stops booting and won't do anything else. I've rebooted it several times, the PC has actually tried to fix errors itself (it says "Preparing Automatic Repair") but can't seem to do anything, it just kicks me back to a menu that gives me several options including to continue to boot into Windows 8, but nothing works.

Anyone can help me fix this? Or is it just dead? I'm hoping it's not just dead, as I've not backed up the HD in a while and will lose a lot of photos and data and things....

*fingers crossed*

Edited by starwarsgeek, 07 March 2015 - 07:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users