Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cleaning my Computer & Internal Hardware

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Marioo

Marioo

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:41 PM

I think I need to clean up inside my machine. Do you have any tips for me!!!   Thankds!!!

By the way it is all right to me ... thanks   Aura!!!

Edited by Marioo, 06 March 2015 - 06:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:58 PM

Marioo, by inside your machine, do you mean your computer case, where your hardware components are?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Marioo

Marioo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:41 AM

Yes. exactlly that!!!!   My computer case with hardware components!!!   \\\

Thanks!!

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,662 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:41 AM

Alright well the best thing to do to clean the inside of a computer case is to take a can of compressed air and blow the dust outside of it. You want to aim for the CPU, GPU, fans and cooling system as these are the important components. You want to make sure that the CPU and GPU aren't covered in dust, to lower their chance of overheating, the fans so they spin at a normal rate and the cooling system to make sure that the air can go in and out of the computer case without problem.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,479 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:51 AM

Expanding on the above...
  • Clean out the vents on the computer with a can of compressed air using short bursts to ensure that they are not clogged with dust.
  • Unplug the computer and everything from the back of the unit (be sure to note where to plug it back in).
  • Open the case and clean out any dust and debris you find inside. Be careful not to aim the compressed air directly at the circuit board or electronic components.
  • Important! Be sure to discharge any static electricity BEFORE you touch any of the components by touching the bare metal inside surface of the case. Do this FREQUENTLY while you are working.
  • Check all the electrical connections and make sure the fans are all operational.
  • Remove the cards and RAM modules, clean the contacts and reseat them.
  • Check the heat sink on the processor to ensure it is not blocked with dust or debris.
  • Remove the CPU's cooling unit and clean the fins on the heat sink that sits under the CPU with a can of
    compressed air.
  • Feel the CPU heatsink when it powers down. It should be warm to very warm but not hot.
  • Inspect the thermal compound between the CPU and heat sink as it can deteriorate over time so. You may need to remove it, scrape away the old thermal gel that makes contact with the processor, then apply a very thin coat of fresh thermal grease on the surface and fit the heat sink back in place again.
  • Inspect the capacitors on the motherboard for leaking, bulging, foaming, or discoloration.
  • The airflow inside the case is from front-to-back and from bottom-to-top. Carefully arrange the cables so that the airflow will be unobstructed when closing the case.
  • Continue to monitor the temperature of your CPU, motherboard, hard disks, voltages, and fan speeds.
  • FOR LAPTOPS: Obviously, you cannot open the case. However, dust will build up inside a laptop as well. Use the compressed air to blow out all of the ventilation holes.
How to Clean a Computer Tutorials with Screenshots:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users