Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Front audio jack not working?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 taikor

taikor

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:45 AM

The audio jack on the back works, just the one on the front doesn't work.I googled to find a fix but i didn't find one that works for me.What i know right now is that the front's device is using avnex virtual audio device and the one I'm using (the back) is realtek high definition audio.I'm not pro at these stuff so sorry if you cant understand what I'm saying
help is appreciated

pic(s) if needed VVV
Y7ReUPx.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:19 AM

Hi taikor,

This may be stating the obvious but if you haven't tried this may work.

As per your screen shot click on the top speakers >set default should light, click on it> click OK > exit.

Hope that might help you

Hedge 

#3 taikor

taikor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:36 AM

I tried the solution above and still didn't work, any other solutions that you know?

#4 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 06:36 AM

Hi taikor,

Sorry that didn't work. I've just tried my front earphone jack and I get no joy as well.But I have changed my mother board and I can't remember whether they are connected or not (no help I know)

so I am at a bit of a loss to help at the moment. Hopefully someone will jump in and help with this

Good luck

Hedge 

#5 taikor

taikor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:42 PM

bump?

#6 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:32 PM

Hi,

First of all, check if the wires connecting front panel to mobo is intact.

Then make sure front panel audio is enabled in your BIOS.

Open the realtek interface (brown speaker) from tray/notification area > insert your audio output device to front panel > verify if the right handside panel icons change.

Repeat same for mic and check.

Realtek may provide testing environment if it detects correctly your audio jack being plugged in. Else right click on the audio device(on the scrren cap you attached) and clik "configure" and proceed .

Since Avnex is a virtual audio device, I dont know if it works and is assigned the port. Verify it in BIOS

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#7 taikor

taikor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:11 AM

Sorry for the late reply

I can't find the realtek interface

how can i get it? i have it in my old laptop but i don't have it in my computer

I found it but i can't open it

Edited by taikor, 01 May 2015 - 09:56 PM.

#8 twinRraZzorR

twinRraZzorR

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:59 AM

Hi taikor

Since you're talking about "avnex virtual audio device" please notice that this kind of softaware creates a virtual audio driver which works as a virtual audio & sound device, and this is why the default Realtek sound card interface won't shows up since the named software took advantage upon it, so I think there is a conflict between the drivers of those two devices!

What you need to do is: go to the recording tab (as shown on your picture), right click a blank area then activate 'show hidden devices' , after that you've to choose  which device you wanna make the default one:

Assuming you want to use the "avnex virtual audio device" to have fun modifying your voice, then put it as default, if it doesn't work please uninstall it, restart your machine then reinstall the realtek sound driver 

#9 taikor

taikor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:36 AM

I just googled what avnex virtual audio is
and it's a voice changer software i uninstalled last year

edit: also my brown realtek audio manager thing has a different name

the name is RtHDVBg and it's located in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA

Edited by taikor, 04 May 2015 - 06:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users