Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

file History broken ?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 J-L-S

J-L-S

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:03 PM

I have been using this new Win8.1 – 64 computer and file history for 3 months.

I am not getting a full back up of all files and folders with file history. I went to restore a file from file history “back up” and saw that the Downloads folder (Favourites folders) was not in the file history, check a few more folders and saw that other folders were not backed up too.

I had also made another file history “back up” to an external drive and it also didnt have all the files completely backed up.

File history errors:

No warnings or errors had popped up, but event viewer showed there were a few warnings and errors.

listed there:

Errors:

File/directory was not backed up due to being encrypted or insufficient permissions:

D:\System Volume Information

If you want it to be protected, remove encryption or ask your system administrator to give you access to this file/directory

Warning:

Unusual condition was encountered during finalization of a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

File/directory was not backed up due to being encrypted or insufficient permissions: event id 101

What is "clean up versions" in file history advanced settings ?

How can I fix File History and get a full back up ?

Edited by J-L-S, 06 March 2015 - 09:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users