Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recommend a case fan for me (please read criteria)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:38 PM

I am thinking about installing a bottom intake fan for my computer case, which already has a front intake fan (probably about 35 cfm) and 2 exhaust fans (~42.5 cfm each). I want to keep negative pressure in my case afterwards, which means total exhaust cfm should be higher than total intake cfm. So this fan's capacity should be under 50 cfm.

The mounting spot can be used with either a 120mm or a 140mm, I think I would prefer a 140mm. And I would prefer one that costs under $20 (although I might go a little higher if I have to). I am hoping for a low noise fan that is installed with screws. My front intake fan is an Antec True Quiet fan, which is very, very quiet, but comes with these stretchy rubber things that you are supposed to mount it with instead of screws, and I don't know how to use them (I found some screws and screwed mine in)

Also, all of the fan connectors on my motherboard are in use, so if there are any fans that come ready to be powered by a 4 pin PSU connector, that could also be a consideration- it would save me the money/trouble of buying an adapter.

Anyone know of a good match?

Edited by yu gnomi, 06 March 2015 - 07:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:01 PM

This baby comes with power connector adapter and speed limiters and is everything you want.

And since I know your going to ask about the cfm vs m3/h ... 1 cfm is .5 m3/h so this particular fan with the ULNAdapter is 71.2 m3h so its @ about 36 CFM. And with the LNAdapter its 83.7 m3/h so basically 41.5 cfm and so obviously if you use none of the adapters it would be about 55 cfm. which would give it the full 1200 rpm

And yes I realize this is 10.00 more than you wanted to spend but it comes with the power adapter thus saving you from having to buy one somewhere else.

Edited by YeahBleeping, 06 March 2015 - 08:28 PM.

#3 yu gnomi

yu gnomi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:44 PM

Actually, at Amazon it is just under what I was looking to spend http://www.amazon.com/Noctua-Ultra-Silent-140mm-NF-P14/dp/B002XISTXM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425692537&sr=8-1&keywords=NF-P14-FLX

That looks like it would work nicely, thanks!

I'd still be willing to look into other suggestions, if people have any.

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:56 PM

Holy cow thats a nice price from amazon I'm probly gonna hafta order a few now too.

#5 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:10 PM

I love Amazon. That is a good price for all the technology that goes into that SSO bearing. I had to replace and splice in a 140mm fan similar to this in a PSU. The old fan that came with the PSU was absolute garbage.

#6 yu gnomi

yu gnomi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:22 PM

actually, I just ordered that fan from Amazon. Price just seemed too good. 

I guess if someone really wanted to suggest a different fan, they still could, but it would be moot as far as I am concerned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users