Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AnywhereAccess Setup Wizard

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Spinyy

Spinyy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:12 PM

Hi,
I am new here so I am sorry if I posted this in wrong topic. So here it goes,
Recently(maybe 2 weeks ago) I got this virus called Anywhere Access Setup Wizard which I can't get rid of after using few anti-virus programs. They just couldn't detect it at all.  If I agree and click next I will install some "antivirus" called Anyprotect. If I just exit setup it will make removeable desktop shortcut called "Continue live installation". Even after uninstalling Anyprotect, this setup wizard just appears after once in the while with no quite reason, not some specific action is needed to activate it. So do you guys know what I should do to completely remove it from my computer? I tried to attach the screenshot but it says the file is too big to upload. Sorry for my mistakes and thanks in advance.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 March 2015 - 12:45 PM.
moved from Windows 8 to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BenjaminGordonT

BenjaminGordonT

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:18 PM

Anywhere Access is actually not a virus. It is a legitimate program used by Windows Server owners to log into domains. However Anyprotect is a potentially unwanted program that could be classified as adware. If you can, try to upload a screenshot to dropbox or some other file hosting site so I can see it. Also check out this link and see if it pertains to the problem your currently facing.

Mod Edit by quietman7: link to non-Bleeping Computer malware removal guide disabled per this policy.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,597 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:36 PM

@ BenjaminsiPod

Instructions for posting advice in Am I Infected

Posting referral links to non-Bleeping Computer malware removal guides is NOT permitted with the exception of well known security vendors like Kaspersky, ESET, Symantec, etc which sometimes release specialized fix tools with instructional documentation. This is because there are far too many untrustworthy and scam sites which mis-classify detections or provide misleading information and poor removal advice. It is impractical for our staff to monitor and review all such guides for accuracy, therefore, we will not permit members helping others to refer to any of them.

For this reason your link has been disabled or removed.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,597 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:36 PM

One characteristic of Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) and other junkware is that they insert themselves (components) into various areas throughout a computer's operation system to include browsers, hidden folders and windows registry making it more difficult to remove.

With most Adware/Junkware/PUPs it is strongly recommended to deal with it like a legitimate program and uninstall from Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs) in Control Panel or an alternative third party uninstaller like Revo. In many cases, using the uninstaller of the adware not only removes it more effectively, but it also restores many changed configuration settings.

After uninstallation, then you can run specialized tools like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, AdwCleaner and JRT (Junkware Removal Tool) to fix any remaining entries they may find. These tools will search for and remove many potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), adware, toolbars, browser hijackers, extensions, add-ons and other junkware as well as related registry entries (values, keys) and remnants. They also remove related files and folders wherever they hide...to include those within the AppData folder and elsewhere.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users