Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need advice on first build

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shayev13

shayev13

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:42 AM

Budget is 1,500$
CPU-
Intel Core i7-4790K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz) (BX80646I74790K)
Motherboard-
ASRock Z97 Extreme4 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Memory-
Crucial Technology 16GB (2x8GB) Ballistix Elite Series 240-Pin DIMM DDR3 PC3-14900 Memory Module Kit
Storage-
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-7TE500BW) +
WD Blue 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm Internal Hard Drive
Video Card-
ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC20C-4GD5 Graphics Cards STRIX-GTX970-DC20C-4GD5
Case-
IN WIN GRone White 0.8mm SECC Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
PSU- SeaSonic M12II 850 SS-850AM 850W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Full-Modular Active PFC FULL-modular Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready

Any advice would be greatly appreciated because I'm very new to building PCs, this one will be used for a lot of multi media like editing video, 3d animation/modeling and some graphic design. I'll also be gaming a hefty amount on it. The main thing I'm worried about is the parts not fitting in the case or the parts not being compatible ect. Also not sure if you guys think I should buy any extra fans to add to the ones that come with the case. Any advice about better bag for your buck but still high quality parts would also be nice, I don't want to unknowingly buy bleep quality parts ya know?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:48 PM

Hi there .. looks like you have a very nice build going on.  Just a couple things:

1.  I didn't see what OS your planning on installing.

2.  I also didn't see any optical/dvd/blueray drive (it just seems like your going all out and may have forgot this important part.

3.  I like the case .. but I also dislike it.  The fact that the fan controller is either low or high means you cant really control fan speed with noise limit.  Its either quiet or ... fulll speed.  Thats a big downer for such a nice case. You could go ahead and get an aftermarket fan controller that way you can control the 3 existing fans.. the two I suggest below and 1 more in the future.

4.  If you do still go for this case then I would recommend going ahead and filling at least 1 of the two bottom 140mm fan location and the Side (back) of the motherboard plate 140mm fan location.  Larger fans are generally quieter.

5. And finally after all this cool great stuff your putting in it seems your skimping on your storage drive.  I mean its not a bad drive but I would go for a WD black to get the 64mb cache and 2 more years warranty 5 yr.s compared to 3 on the blue.

Hope that helps !

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:54 AM

I would swap out the motherboard for a Gigabyte or Asus branded board.  ASRock tends to make their boards a little thin.  Something like the ASUS Z97-PRO LGA 1150 Intel Z97 or the GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H LGA 1150 Intel Z97 would be good alternatives.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users