Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Onekey Recovery Software

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BenjaminGordonT

BenjaminGordonT

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:54 AM

Hey,

Does anyone here know a good recovery software that can be set up to boot into the recovery environment when someone pushes the Nova Button (Button next to power button on laptops). I have a Lenovo B575 and I had originally installed Lenovo Onekey Recovery which boots into the Recovery Environment when you push the Nova Button. However I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and I understand that is no longer an option. If anyone knows a good recovery software that can do that please let me know or even better if you can find a way to reinstall Lenovo Onekey Recovery in Windows 8.1. I have already tried installing it from the Lenovo website but in order to boot from the Recovery Environment you need to have the OEM and Recovery Partitions and I don't know where to go to get those. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

-Benjamin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,942 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:18 AM

After wiping the existing OEM recovery partition, I do not think you will be able to get the button to work. I think Levono possibly has some code in the Recovery Partition that responds to the button push at boot. In your other thread you were going to try Aoemi One Key. Did that work okay? I know it will not work with the button push but I believe on a Windows 8 computer, it boots to a screen that gives an option to boot to the Aoemi recovery partition or to boot normally.

#3 BenjaminGordonT

BenjaminGordonT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:25 AM

AOMEI Onekey Recovery Works fine but I am just hoping I can revive the Nova Button to make it easier in the future. I know AOMEI gives you the option to boot to the Recovery Environment whenever you hold down the A Button on startup so I am wondering if I can make it respond to the Nova button as well. In power options there is a setting for what to do when the sleep button is pressed, is it the same thing?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,942 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:29 AM

No, that is something totally different. That only changes sleep settings and not the Nova button. I don't know of any way to activate a recovery partition created by third party software using the Nova button, sorry.

#5 BenjaminGordonT

BenjaminGordonT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:32 AM

Hmm... I installed the Lenovo Onekey Recovery Program from the Lenovo Website and when I push the NOVO button while my OS is running it activates the program. I'm just not sure where to find the ISO for the OEM and Recovery partitions. I found an old ISO for the Windows 7 version of the software on a torrent site but that won't work in Windows 8.1 I don't think.

#6 BenjaminGordonT

BenjaminGordonT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:18 PM

Good News! After a lot of searching around I found a solution that worked for me and now my NOVO button and everything is working great again. I will explain how I do it in a post tomorrow as I am too tired to do it tonight. Just wanted to let BC know I found a solution and I will share it later for people who may have the same problem in the future.

-Benjamin

#7 to2arif92

to2arif92

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 17 January 2016 - 01:55 AM

@Benjamin, And what solution did you find ? Please share...... I am wanting the same thing, but didn't find any !! Mine is Win10 and recovery drive (~12GB) is now blank and of course my recovery option of Novo button is completely useless now.

Edited by to2arif92, 17 January 2016 - 02:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users