Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing 32-bit hardware in Windows XP virtual PC

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lisapwilliams

lisapwilliams

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:02 AM

I have an old "Amazing Box II" USB device for a sewing/embroidery machine. It is 32-bit, so it won't work with my Windows 7 (64 bit) because they don't supply updated drivers. (I don't want to buy a new device because it's expensive and my machine is old and someday, I'd like to get a USB/zip drive type of machine.)

So, I set up a virtual PC Windows XP within Windows 7 Pro. I have the installation CD, a zipped update, and the updated set of drivers they gave me individually. Here's the thing--I got it to work right away, but then I ran some helpful tools (that someone on this forum gave me when I had a virus, which included USB cleanup of some sort) to help speed up the computer, and now the bleeping thing won't work.

I have tried reinstalling it several times, in reverse order with the update installed first (which is how the manufacturer says to do it?!?), and also the CD first then update. I have replaced the drivers. Used Hardware Wizard. I have done every permutation I can think of.

I have a Windows 98 computer, but it is so freaking slow I can't bear to use it.

I would love some insight on this.  Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users