Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 trevorcork

trevorcork

• Members
  • 346 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:06 AM

my friend is gettin this message,how do i rectify?               Every time I open my outlook package I get this error page:

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfil the messaging request.
Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

It means that I cannot use the email feature in my payroll package to email my client’s their payslips.  

Edited by hamluis, 06 March 2015 - 07:40 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:10 AM

You can provide your friend with the info in the link below. Suggest if that info is not relevant to have your friend post his/ her problem here.

How to make Outlook the default mail client

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:32 PM

I have to ask the obvious: Does he have Outlook set up to work with his email servers?

#4 trevorcork

trevorcork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 346 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:47 AM

ya my friend said the following to me  -     Each time I open it, it throws the message about the default mail client then I press OK and it opens as normal.

#5 trevorcork

trevorcork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 346 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:34 AM

someone else use use the pc but they are no longer working there,would that have anything to do with it

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:15 AM

Is this the same person, same computer that you mentioned here? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569236/outlook/

#7 trevorcork

trevorcork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 346 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:36 AM

yes it is, i logged on remotely today went to default programs and made outlook my default but still the same message

#8 trevorcork

trevorcork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 346 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:14 AM

anyone any ideas?

#9 thehush

thehush

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:04 AM

See this thread from microsoft see if this helps https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/813745 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users