Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to recover data from the excel 2013 file?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bvrc

Bvrc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:49 AM

I had deleted one of my excel files accidentally. I recovered it using Tuneup utilitites 15. But it showing a error popup. am using win 8.1 and office 2013. I've tried recovery tools but it is not useful and also tried office - open and repair method.. pls any one help me to recover my corrupt excel file or atleast i need all the datas in it.

Whenever I try to open the recovered excel file, it shows popup as in the attachments with this post

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:18 AM

Hello there,

Can you try another data recovery tool, i.e. Recuva from Piriform?

Alex

#3 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:07 AM

Did you check for a copy in the excel tmp folder?
CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#4 Bvrc

Bvrc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:00 AM

i'll often clear the temp files with cc cleaner..i've tried Recuva too and 10 or few excel recovery tools..but nothing was useful

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:33 AM

If you right click the recovered file is there a "Restore Previous Versions" in the context menu? I am not sure it will find any as the file was deleted but see if Windows lists previous versions and if it does recover it.

If the file you deleted was on the desktop, do a System Restore to a date before the deletion. Any files added to the desktop after the Restore date will be lost so copy any files you added to the desktop since the Restore Point to the Documents folder first and even better if you also copy your desktop word and excel files to a USB flash drive..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users