Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Javascript On BC Freezes Browser

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you experienced this issue?

1. Voted Yes (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. No (5 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:59 PM

mbfDqDY.png

I've noticed that over the last while (month or two), when browsing BC not logged in, "http://cdn.static.zdbb.net/js/walker-min.js:1" gets loaded, and does not function properly. This freezes the entire browser temporarily; eventually a prompt comes up asking if I'd like to stop the script. This issue doesn't occur when logged in on BC, and therefore I assume it is related to the advertisements (which aren't present when logged in). This issue does not appear to be on my end, as I've tested it under both Pale Moon and Mozilla Firefox on 2 different computers. I've posted here, because I'm not requesting support, I'm just reporting it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mainer21

mainer21

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:58 PM

Never in all the years I have been coming here.

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,617 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:23 AM

Not happening to me either. WIll look into it though.

#4 twinRraZzorR

twinRraZzorR

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:43 PM

Yes I'm experiencing the same issue since my subscription here, unless I use an extension called Ghostery

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,617 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:00 PM

Yes I'm experiencing the same issue since my subscription here, unless I use an extension called Ghostery

Your saying this is occurring offsite or only on BC?

#6 twinRraZzorR

twinRraZzorR

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:17 AM

Your saying this is occurring offsite or only on BC?

Yes it's concerning BC it's the only one that freezes Firefox comparatively with the other web sites I frequently visit, but it seems that the problem disappeared now!

#7 adamforum

adamforum

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:04 PM

I've experienced the same problem numerous (> 50) times on Bleeping Computer on both my laptop and desktop computers (all running Firefox).  I suspect the problem lies with an advertisement because the undesirable behavior happens about ~40-60% after opening a BC link (typically 1-2 seconds after opening a link on BC)

I also perceive the behavior to be more prevalent when I'm not signed into BC (e.g. browsing, but not signed in on my account)...but don't quote me on that because I'm usually viewing the forum without being logged in.

Another point to keep in mind if you're trying to repro -- I typically open every link in a new tab or window (vs. left clicking links, forward, back, etc.)

A

#8 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:52 AM

Just wanted to pop-in and say this issue still happens for me even though I've updated Pale Moon and Mozilla Firefox on my main computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users