Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen freeze

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 hman123467

hman123467

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:50 PM

Hi

I seem to of come across the blue screen of death whil using Garrys Mod. It comes up as this

Then after I had shut it down I tried to rename a file on my desktop (Photo of some sort)'and it says :
STOP: c0000135 the program can't start because %hs is missing from your computer

Cheers
Hman out

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,572 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:59 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#3 hman123467

hman123467
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:11 PM

Hmm. It is more complicated than it seems because that one blue screen triggered a whole chain of blue screens and now it won't get past "memory runs at dual channel interleaved" before asking for my installation disk (which to the point I don't have). I think it could be something to do from when the HDD was transferred from a Lenovo (really crappy) computer to this computer as it used to say on startup and when I connected to the Internet; Windows is not genuine. Contact Lenovo to solve the problem or enter your windows serial number.

Cheers
hman

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,572 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:26 PM

Sorry...we can't help you with such.

Moving a hard drive from OEM System 1 to System 2...is a known sequence of action that results in user problems.

Additionally...the license from a Lenovo system does not transfer to a different system, per TOS of the manufacturer and the Windows EULA.

Your alternative is clean install a non-Windows O/S on that hard drive...or clean install a licensed, genuine Windows version on that drive.  Since you seem intent on using said drive as a boot drive, there is no point in discussing the other obvious alternatives (use drive solely for storage, don't use the drive at all).