Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have been infected,- was removed-caused damage to settings?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

#1 josiew

josiew

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:38 PM

I AM REPOSTING- SOMEHOW GOT SKIPPED

Hi ,, been here before and never been able to solve this issue,, The last suggestion by a member was to do a clean reinstall,,.however, I have read in other forums, that may not clear up some of the issues...With that said, I have downloaded RogueKiller  and I will attach log.. So, no internet via Wifi,, i am hard wired,, network adaptor has exclamation point on it: B/G 8-11,,,,try to install update, and it gives an error 1-Problems with NVIDIA GE Force,,, backend quits- t.. I just recently  downloaded a tool to fix registry, and I am pretty certain its legit..I have fixed some recent issues, like freeze ups, and BSD's etc.. So now i REALLY WANT TO, get on Windows 7.

SECOND TEXT:

trying now to fix Network Adaptors-limited knowledge is power- NOT!!! scratch my comment on registry, not for us amateurs to play around with,, ,,So the issues are: No Wifi, Driver issues: B G 8/11 Network Adaptor- Network can't be seen or found, can't install the driver-  I am on Vista 64 HP Pavillion I use Avast, and recently used root-killer,, probably screwed up, but I think malwarebytes messed me up originally many months ago- i am also attaching recent ADw Cleaner logs,, had some bad stuff again,..

HOPE, you can help- Thank you

Attached Files

Edited by josiew, 05 March 2015 - 07:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 HelpBot

HelpBot

Bleepin' Binary Bot

• Bots
  • 12,549 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:50 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer!

I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:

step1.gif In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.

CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/569212 <<< CLICK THIS LINK

If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.

step2.gifIf you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:

• If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
  • A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
    • Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.
    • If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.
    • If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
    • If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.
  • Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
  • Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.

Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:

• Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.

FRST Download Link

• When you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.
  • Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run.
  • Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.

As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

#3 Black_Bird

Black_Bird

• Malware Response Team
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:49 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Support Forums! I am BlackBird and I will be helping you to get rid of the present malware on your PC. :)

There is still active malware on your PC. Let's deal with that first. When clean, we'll handle the other problems.

1. Start AdwCleaner by right-clicking it and selecting Run as Administrator
  • When the program has started, click the Scan button and wait untill the scan has finished.
  • Make sure everything (on all tabs) is selected, and click the Clean button.
  • It's possible that AdwCleaner asks you to restart the system. It's important that you agree with this.
  • After restart a logfile will appear. Please post the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
2. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and save it to your Desktop.
If you already got Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware installed on your computer, please go to step 2-A.2-A. Start Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
  • On the Dashboard tab, click the Update Now button, to update the definitions to the latest version.
  • Then click the Scan tab. Select Custom Scan and click the Start Scan button.
  • In the window that appears, check the box next to Scan for Rootkits. Also, select all drives, except for CD/DVD-drives. After you have done this, click Start Scan.
  • Follow the instructions given by Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
  • If any items were found during the scan process, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will ask you what you want to do with those items. Please quarantine all items.
  • It's possible the program asks you for permission to restart the computer. If so, please allow MBAM to do so immediately.
  • Save the logfile in txt-format and copy/paste it in your next reply.
  • Note: If you can't find the logfile, look at the "History" tab. Select the most recent logfile (you can see the creation date in the log's title).
3. Please reboot your computer.

4. Start Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
  • If asked, click Yes at the Disclaimer window.
  • Click Scan once the program has opened. Please check if the "Addition.txt" checkbox is checked.
  • It will create 2 logfiles (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste them to your reply.
5. Please post the following logfiles into your next reply, by copy/pasting them:
  • AdwCleaner
  • Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Farbar Recovery Scan Tool - regular scan (FRST.txt and Addition.txt)
Good luck. :)
Kind regards,
Black_Bird

What to do when your computer is infected? Read here!

The Bleeping Computer Board Rules - The Moderating Team

If I am directly helping you on a topic and I've not replied within 24 hours please send me a Private Message with a link to your topic.

#4 josiew

josiew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:09 PM

somehow we have crossed wires, I have responded each time I got a robot response and there was a delay because all of you were busy... And I see my post was closed... I still has many of the issues, however I will go forward and do the things that are posted here once again... I will explain everything in my next message that is asked of me... Thank you very much

#5 Black_Bird

Black_Bird

• Malware Response Team
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:14 PM

Hi,

Yes, all of your other topics are closed. You have to respond within 3 days, else your topic will be locked due to lack of feedback. We can't provide proper malware help when time between posts is more than 3 days, because malware can change a lot on your system in that time. For example, the logfiles won't be actual anymore.

Anyway, just perform the steps I gave to you in my previous post. I'm looking forward hearing from you.

Good luck! :)
Kind regards,
Black_Bird

If I am directly helping you on a topic and I've not replied within 24 hours please send me a Private Message with a link to your topic.

#6 josiew

josiew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:03 AM

Hi,,How I came to my conclusions, is based on other forum posts,, Every time I had an issue, I would google it and found countless others with similar or the same issues- For Instance- GE Force error message-Wifi not working on PC, but I have no prob on other devices- Some Drivers won't install, error messages, mainly Network Adaptor, BG 8/11, !!!! icon in device manager, Network cant be found, there is a red X over the icon on Desktop- Had sound issues, on and off, only when i did system restore did sound come back- Countless BSOD-Fan running constantly, which i have since fixed, As soon as I deleted Norton Anti-Virus, that helped- I have cleaned inside tower, that pretty much cured it of the constant running of fan

When I originally discovered a ton of crap on my computer, I found you guys-Thank Goodness (you are AWESOME)!!,, but first I had downloaded certain programs and cleaners CCLEANER, Malwarebytes, SpyHunter, so many.., and most likely I messed up the registry,, I deleted stuff I should not have,y- Thats about when Wifi just stopped working- Its been so long I can't recall all of my actions-

Everything on Computer is original,- It came with the software loaded. I have attached the specs:: I have attached ADW Cleaner,, TBC""""""""" If I can stay awake, otherwise, the rest tomorrow - Thank you!!

Attached Files

#7 Black_Bird

Black_Bird

• Malware Response Team
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:12 AM

Hi there,

I'm missing the AdwCleaner logfile and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware logfile in your reply. Can you please post them anyway?

Please read through my instructions carefully. Make sure you provide the logs I ask you to, else the malware removal process won't be as effective and quick anymore.

Kind regards,
Black_Bird

#8 josiew

josiew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:15 PM

Hi, yes I will, I thought i attached the ADWCleaner file?,, i got sleepy, but I will do this pretty soon,, 

The file labeled FRST, is from the ADW Cleaner- I will re-read your instructions-

I just noticed the date is from Feb. - thats weird,ok? back to square one

Edited by josiew, 16 March 2015 - 12:18 PM.

#9 Black_Bird

Black_Bird

• Malware Response Team
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:19 PM

Hi,

Then I'm missing the FRST logfile. Besides you also didn't clean-up anything using AdwCleaner. I did mention that in my post though.

Please perform all steps from my previous post again and this time perform all actions please. Post any logfiles into your next reply.

Kind regards,
Black_Bird

#10 josiew

josiew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:23 PM

Almost finished

#11 josiew

josiew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:19 PM

Attached File  UPDATE.JPG   111.11KB   1 downloadsAttached File  csbspecs.txt   3.48KB   1 downloadsAttached File  FRST.txt   43.91KB   1 downloadsAttached File  AdwCleanerS0.txt   27.03KB   1 downloadsAttached File  mwb.txt   1.77KB   1 downloadsAttached File  Addition.txt   38.34KB   1 downloads

I see that I did not attach correctly, in prior messages,, I will wait and see if I did this correctly-Thank you

EDIT: Just wondering: I am attaching a screen capture of windows update; and It continues to download, the same file over and over- Is this correct? it is labeled update- Just ignore if this is not the place to do this- 

Edited by josiew, 16 March 2015 - 02:25 PM.

#12 Black_Bird

Black_Bird

• Malware Response Team
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

Hi,

I don't see anything special on your screenshot? All updates were installed succesfully. Can you explain what the problem is you're facing with Windows Update?

Your logs show me you're saving our tools to the Downloads folder on your PC. I clearly advised you to save them to the Desktop. Please do this from now on, else the manual scripts we're going to use from now on won't work.

1. Please download to your Desktop.
  • Please make sure to put fixlist.txt in the same location as where FRST.exe/FRST64.exe is located!
2. Download RKill and save it to your Desktop.
  • Right-click RKill.exe and select Run as Administrator....
  • If a Windows Security prompt shows up, please allow the program to start.
  • The program will start immediately with it's tasks. When the program has finished, a logfile will appear.
    Please copy the contents of this logfile in your next reply.
3. Start Farbar Recovery Scan Tool by right-clicking it and selecting Run as Administrator.
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called fixlog.txt. Please include this logfile in your next reply.
4. Please remove fixlist.txt from your PC. (Important!)

5. Start Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
  • If asked, click Yes at the Disclaimer window.
  • Click Scan once the program has opened.
  • It will create a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
6. Please give me an update on your PC problems and also please include the following logfiles in your next reply:
  • RKill
  • Farbar Recovery Scan Tool - using fixlist.txt
  • Farbar Recovery Scan Tool - regular scan
Good luck! :)
Kind regards,
Black_Bird

#13 josiew

josiew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:56 PM

I know you said that, and I really tried, but every time I downloaded it it went right to that folder it didn't give me an option I'll try again... I'm not real sharp on this if you can't tell...About the screenshot ,, doesn't it appear that i keep getting the same update? Every time I "think" i install it, another one pops back up.. The same file , even now i have the update icon is insisting on this..perhaps I am not explaining correctly, my fault- but ever since i had originally messed with malware type issues, thats when all went haywire with driver installs , BSOD's wifi network connection, driver not downloading, and other issues..

So i will try this again,- Thank you!~

update:    by george!!!!, she figured it out,--- how to download to desktop, yay,, ok,, almost bedtime, i will do this tomorrow afternoon,, :clapping: still stuck in macland..

Edited by josiew, 18 March 2015 - 12:52 AM.

#14 Black_Bird

Black_Bird

• Malware Response Team
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:17 AM

Hi there,

Ah, I see what you mean. Let's keep that problem (Windows update) in mind, we'll handle the malware related problems first. And about the Downloads folder: You can just cut/paste the downloaded files from the "Downloads" folder to the "Desktop".

I'll wait for your response to the steps I gave you in my previous post. :)

Kind regards,
Black_Bird

#15 josiew

josiew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:13 PM

I will get to work on this shortly, just got home from work- Thanks] :workout:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users