Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to access Google, Facebook, certain sites. Your connection is not private

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 st3ady

st3ady

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

About a week ago I started getting the following error when I tried to do google searches or access facebook:

b6rAWCs.png

I did some searches and tried some suggested instructions including making sure my date and time is correct, and I downloaded and ran malwarebytes anti-malware (after updating the database of course). No luck.

I thought it may be related to my service provider possibly blocking me since I have gone over my allotted gigabytes for the month, but I passed the reset date and it did not go away. 

So I figured I might come here for some help. I have multiple computers in my home network and all have the same problem. I installed Opera browser to see if it was just a chrome and firefox thing, and the same thing happens in Opera.

Gmail and Twitch.tv work fine. Google drive does not, Youtube does not, and Weather.com does not work. I started using webcrawler.com as an alternative to google searches.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Just thought of something, going to try and update my wifi router firmware, will report back.

Edited by st3ady, 05 March 2015 - 05:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 st3ady

st3ady
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:50 PM

updated the firmware of my wifi router, nothing was fixed. :(

#3 st3ady

st3ady
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:04 PM

Looks like I had the option to click through even though it was unsecured. When I did so, it took me to a page from my internet service provider, Suddenlink, saying that I had gone over my monthly allowance and that I had to fill in my email address to receive notifications in the future for when I am nearing my monthly limit.  :axe:

I hope that with the new legislation making internet a utility, they will do away with these data caps.

You can mark this thread Solved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users