What is the difference between a support tech and the other techs?? Are you talking about the Verizon or MSN reps?? And how would I get in contact with a regular tech rep??
Thank you for your help,
That was poor wording on my part, I should have made the distiction between customer support and tech support. The customer support are the guys that you usually get when you call your ISP for help. Some ISPs will allow you to talk to one of their technicians who have full understanding of the system and how to trouble shoot your problem.
The ISP is your Internet Service Provider, so if Verizon is who you pay to get on line, then they are your ISP.
I personally don't like MNS, if you have the proper protection you can use any browser out there without having to worry, for the most part anyway. I use Firefox as my browser, and have AVG, Spybot Search and Destroy, Ad-awre, Ccleaner, Ewido Security Suite, and Sygate. These are all freewares and can be downloaded on line.
• Ad-Aware SE from http://www.lavasoft.de/
There is a tutorial on how to run this here: Ad-Aware Tutorial
• Spybot Search & Destroy from http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download
There is a tutorial on how to run this here: SpyBot S&D Tutorial
• SpywareBlaster from http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
There is a tutorial on how to run this here: SpywareBlaster Tutorial
• A-squared complements anti-virus software by specializing in detecting Trojans, Dialers and Spyware.
It is free for private use but registration is required. Download it from
• Ewido Security Suite complements anti-virus software by specializing in detecting
Trojans, Dialers and Spyware and lots of other stuff. It is free for private use.
Download it from here: http://www.download.com/Ewido-Security-Sui...4-10326287.html
* Sygate is a firewall, and can be downloaded here: http://www.tucows.com/preview/213160
Edited by dc3, 02 July 2006 - 09:51 AM.