Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Password Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 polekat

polekat

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:59 PM

A friend has been given a 2 year old PC. Unfortunately she is unable to use it as when she tries to log in the PC asks for the account password. She doesn't know the password and is unable to contact the original owner of the PC.

Is there anyway the password can be "read" so she can use this PC or will the o/s need to be reinstalled?

Polekat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 28 June 2006 - 03:19 PM

What operating system is on the computer?

If Windows XP try log in as the administrator if you can't do that just re-install the O/S.

To do this you will need to:

At the logon screen press Ctrl | Alt | Delete (Make sure you press those keys all together) twice.

Then type as the user name 'Administrator' and then press enter.
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 polekat

polekat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:52 PM

Hi ComputerWhizz7. I have just finished re-installing XP home. PC is now performing as it should. Thanks

Polekat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users