Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 problem with updates

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 retired47raider

retired47raider

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:57 PM

Hello,

My system is Windows 7 SP! 64 bit Home Premium 

I tried to download the most recent Microsoft updates.  I check them myself so these updates were from February,  Most of the downloads failed.

I went to the Microsoft updates site and downloaded them to my desktop.  I was successful in installing them with the exception of KB3029944.  It will not install by

either method.  Based on having to download the updates myself I suspect I have a big problem.

I have several Windows Mr. Fixits to no avail.  I also ran the System readiness checker.  It did not solve the problem either.

I don't know if Bleeping Computer deals with these types of problems. 

Please contact me back either way and let me know what scans, if any, you may want.

Thank you in advance

retired47raider

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 knotstatistics

knotstatistics

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:30 PM

Sometimes, but not always, not using the computer for days/weeks allows an improved update to resolve the problem.  There may be further hyperlinks available that can be researched when you check the history of updates for the failed one KB302944 in your post.  Good luck if you are able to live with this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users