Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Virus?? Google Chrome downloads & uploads not working / laggy browsing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lilly123

Lilly123

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:47 PM

Hi.

I wanted to get some help with my Google Chrome Browser. I usually use Google Chrome 24/7 for general browsing, videos, downloads, and uploads.

Yesterday (at around 4:00 AM) Chrome decided it doesn't want to upload or download anything. I would right click and save files, and it won't ask me a destination. It was acting as if I hadn't clicked anything. It also was (is?) still fluctuating; sometimes it offers to save files, and sometimes not. It is the same with uploads as well.

My browser is usually very smooth, but now it is having a hard time playing 3 minute videos and browsing is laggy in general.

(Windows issue) Also, whenever I try to access 'This PC' or 'My Documents, Pictures, Downloads, Videos, etc.' It gets all slow and tells me the program is not responding.

Is there a way to fix this, and is there a possibility of malware or a virus being the reason behind this issue? :)

(I am using a Lenovo touchscreen notebook pc, with Windows 8.1 , on Mozilla Firefox.)

Thanks so much for your time, and any help is appreciated!

-Lilly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users