Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome downloads and uploads not working / laggy browsing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lilly123

Lilly123

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:09 PM

Hi.

I wanted to get some help with my Google Chrome Browser. I usually use Google Chrome 24/7 for general browsing, videos, downloads, and uploads.

Yesterday (at around 4:00 AM) Chrome decided it doesn't want to upload or download anything. I would right click and save files, and it won't ask me a destination. It was acting as if I hadn't clicked anything. It also was (is?) still fluctuating; sometimes it offers to save files, and sometimes not. It is the same with uploads as well.

My browser is usually very smooth, but now it is having a hard time playing 3 minute videos and browsing is laggy in general.

(Windows issue) Also, whenever I try to access 'This PC' or 'My Documents, Pictures, Downloads, Videos, etc.' It gets all slow and tells me the program is not responding.

Is there a way to fix this, and is there a possibility of malware or a virus being the reason behind this issue? :)

(I am using a Lenovo touchscreen notebook pc, with Windows 8.1 , on Mozilla Firefox.)

Thanks so much for your time, and any help is appreciated!

-Lilly

Edited by Lilly123, 04 March 2015 - 06:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ChiefTech

ChiefTech

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:28 AM

Hi Lilly-
It could just be some corrupted system files if you're frequently getting an explorer.exe not responding issue. Which could be the beginning symptoms of a bad hard drive. Back up your documents as soon as possible.

However it could also be malware that has or is causing the issue. There is a section in the forums here where you can find assistance on malware removal.

If the problem remains even after you've been through the malware removal process. A fresh install might be a good idea. Backup your documents and files to other media first.
If this doesn't resolve your issues then you might have a bad drive.

This could also be an issue with your ram. It's possbie and you should run a hardware diagnostics tool on your computer to further trouble shoot.

Edited by ChiefTech, 06 March 2015 - 01:43 AM.

#3 Lilly123

Lilly123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:32 AM

Thank you s much for the reply. I must say, much embarrassing to my silly geeky pride, that the problems were resolved once the computer went under some much needed updates (which it did not warn me about beforehand.) 

If anything begins to act up again, I will follow your instructions for fixing it. :) 

Thanks once again!

-Lilly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users