Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Mohpa And Radeon 7500 Graphics Card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 postmatt

postmatt

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:16 AM

Don't know if anyone can help but when trying to run Medal of Honor Pacific Assault I recieve an error message stating that my graphics card does not fully support DirectX 8.1. It is an ATI Radeon 7500 graphics card and I have downloaded it's newest drivers. Is there a way round this or is it simply that the graphics card is not new enough for this game.
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 28 June 2006 - 01:29 PM

If thats the case, then I'd bet that the video card is only a dx7 or lower. New drivers wont help if the card is a lower DX version than the game you are trying to run it on.

I don't know if the game can run the game in DX7. You'd probably have to just get a new card to play the game.

*edit* from EA's support website,

This error will occur if your video card does not meet the requirements, or if your drivers need to be updated to a 9.0c compatible version.

First, verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements for the game. You will need a 64mb video card with at least one of these chipsets or better:

ATI Radeon 8500, 9000 Pro, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800
ATI Radeon x300, x600, x800
Nvidia GeForce 3, GeForce3 Ti 200
Nvidia GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X, GeForce Ti 4600, GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE
Nvidia GeForceFX 5200, 5300, 5500, 5600, 5700, 5750, 5800, 5900, and 5950
Nvidia GeForce 6800

NOTE: The Nvidia Geforce 4 MX series is not officially supported for this game.
If your video card meets all the minimum requirements, but the issue persists you will need to contact your system or card manufacturer for the newest drivers for your video card. Most manufacturers have these drivers avaiable as free downloads on their website.
If you have updated your drivers and still get this error, you must make sure that the DirectX features for your video card are enabled.
Click on Start.
Click on Run...
Type dxdiag into the box.
Click OK.
Click on the Display tab.
Find the DirectX Features box.
The first feature is DirectDraw Acceleration. It should say Enabled next to it. If it says Disabled, click the Enable button.
The second feature is Direct3D Acceleration. It should say Enabled next to it. If it says Disabled, click the Enable button.
The third feature is AGP Texture Acceleration. It should say Enabled next to it. If it says Disabled, click the Enable button.
Once all three are enabled, close the window.

You may now start your game. The error should no longer occur. If the features are Disabled and you do not have the option to Enable, you will want to contact your computer manufacturer or your video card manufacturer for further assistance.

Edited by Wizdabest, 28 June 2006 - 01:41 PM.

#3 postmatt

postmatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:05 PM

Thank for the tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users