Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with Malwarebytes AGAIN

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bfreeb

bfreeb

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:50 PM

Hi, I recently lost two computers thanks to a hacker taking over my router, which I just recently learned he was doing.  Comcast wouldn't help but now I have my own and I can't even sign in to the router to set it.  I put a Linsky disk in this computer a few days ago and it came back with "waiting to be written" on it.  That is what happened to my system disk.  I don't know how anyone can write over a non writable disk but then again, I don't know what a hacker knows.  I always have problems with malwarebytes, but several other anti-virus software was taken over and modified also before I knew what all the updating was about, he had taken over my whole system.  Right now, I am suspicious that my computer is infected and I have only had it for two weeks.  Actually, it is my daughter's new computer.  It has a strange router IP address 192.168.252.1.  And in documents there are three folders, one is hp.applications.package.appdata with a modification date 7/18/2014, another named hp-system.package.metadata with the same date as the first one, and I haven't tried to open these, I actually didn't even see them until just now when I was  looking for the first one that concerned me.  It is a Youcam folder with a modification date of 3/4/2015.  I saw it yesterday with a modification date of 3/3/2015.  The only thing I have done with this computer is took it to the Library and added Malwarebytes from the original site.  The Malwarebytes folder was hidden but I chose unhide files and folders.  I am questioning some of the files in the Malwarebytes folder, I searched a couple, and at least one could be dangerous, one is a blank thumbnail named master.conf.  There are 11 .dll extoentions, and 6 applications.  If someone could tell me what I suppose to be in the Malwarebytes folder I would appreciate it.  Or why the YouCam folder was modified after uploading Malwarebytes from a USB that I scanned at the library and it said it was clean, but now I'm not sure.  I had used it before with the infected computer.
Please help, this has caused me so much stress for so long.  I met this person on facebook, he uses fake profiles, he also took over my facebook, he is a stalker and a hacker, a very experienced and knowledgeable one.   This has it been going on for three years because I had no idea what he was doing until I started seeing more, and learning more.  I actually used D Dan's nuke to clean this hard drive, it said it was writing over it and shoed the progress it was making.  When I checked it nothing was erased.  But I also noticed that "waiting to be written" which was a desk.ini file had also been added to that cd, and I had used it on the infected computer.  I didn't notice it until after it failed to erase.  Now I think what he was doing is reconfiguring my desk top or his back door and dirty data every time.

Right now McaFee is saying that it is going to upgrade when I restart the computer.  I didn't ask for a upgrade.  It did that a couple days ago and I deleted before I shut down and uploaded ESET, ESET didn't catch a virus but there were so many files it couldn't open that it may have been hidden.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:02 PM

"...Malwarebytes folder, I searched a couple, and at least one could be dangerous, one is a blank thumbnail named master.conf.  There are 11 .dll extensions, and 6 applications..."  My free version Malwarebytes also have numerous dll and exe files.  Why would any of those pose a problem?  My Pro version at home probably has much the same number of dll and exe files.

Edited by RolandJS, 04 March 2015 - 01:02 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 bfreeb

bfreeb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:21 PM

I wrote a lot of things I was concerned about.  What I do know is this is a brand new computer that has only been used two hours and all I did was add Malwarebytes, why would that modify a YouCam folder in Documents?

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,749 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:26 PM

...I am questioning some of the files in the Malwarebytes folder, I searched a couple, and at least one could be dangerous, one is a blank thumbnail named master.conf. There are 11 .dll extoentions, and 6 applications. If someone could tell me what I suppose to be in the Malwarebytes folder I would appreciate it.

master.conf is legitimate. I have 10 .dll's, 6 .exe's and 1 each...dat, .rtf, .txt...and 5 subfolders.

...all I did was add Malwarebytes, why would that modify a YouCam folder in Documents?

Why not ask them? For any issues with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 the development team recommend you start a new topic in the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help Forum and report them there.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:08 PM

My question is: exactly what was modified in Youcam?

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users