Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blank e-mails and e-mails incorrectly labeled spam

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Trakeen

Trakeen

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:27 AM

I wish I had more information, but I'm not the person having the issue.  Sadly it is affecting my business...

E-mails that I send to a customer for some reason turn up completely blank.  I use Thunderbird and they're using Outlook.  I don't really see an issue there, so my only thought here is that maybe the information is getting lost in transit (but I have no idea how to verify that).

Other times, to the same customer, my e-mails are being labeled as spam, and for some reason they can't even access the e-mail.  We're on their whitelist, but e-mail is still being labeled spam.  I'm not sure if this is a client issue, or if it's a setting on their e-mail server, and it's labeling us as spam.

They currently have their tech person looking at the issue, but he hasn't veen able to come up with anything.  This has been going on for about 6 months now, and he's only there part time.

At this point I'm ready to talk to the person acutally in charge of ther website / e-mail server, but need to know what questions to ask, and what I can look into on my own before I call.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:42 PM

Have the client extract the message header information, if he can, and do a trace, using MXtoolbox -- http://mxtoolbox.com/EmailHeaders.aspx

You can also check your own domain to make sure it hasn't been blacklisted more generally -- http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users