Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Binkiland

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 leftfooter

leftfooter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:03 PM

Hi,
I suspect very few people use XP now, so maybe I wont get much response here. I hope
I am posting in the correct area also. Anyway I downloaded Emsisoft from here for what
google tells me is an infection of my computer.
I searched 'Binkiland' on this site to no avail and so just went ahead and downloaded
the Emsisoftware to hopefully search and destroy any bugs.
It opens a small black box (100mm x100mm) for a split second and goes off again. I downloaded it
a second time to be sure it was all there (168MB) and it was/is. Ive tried right clicking and using
various menu commands including the unblock one. Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 03 March 2015 - 03:07 PM.
Moved to AII from XP. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:30 PM

Hello Leftfooter, let's do it this way.

3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox
  • Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
  • Checkmark the following checkboxes:
    • Flush DNS
    • Report IE Proxy Settings
    • Reset IE Proxy Settings
    • Report FF Proxy Settings
    • Reset FF Proxy Settings
    • List content of Hosts
    • List IP configuration
    • List Winsock Entries
    • List last 10 Event Viewer log
    • List Installed Programs
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
SXvL3ZF.pngTDSSKiller
  • Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.
  • Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.
  • Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.
  • If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.
  • If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
  • It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.
  • If no reboot is required, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
zcMPezJ.pngAdwCleaner
  • Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool. Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
lv0mVRW.pngJunkware Removal Tool
  • Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
cvMlKv6.pngESET Online Scanner
  • Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET Online Scanner in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    • Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE: Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.
>>>

51a46ae42d560-malwarebytes_anti_malware.Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  • Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.exe to start the installation of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
  • Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation. You can find the complete installation procedure here.
  • Click the Scan Now button, a threat scan will start automatically.
  • MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will now check for the latest updates. Click Update Now if new updates are available.
  • Your computer is now being scanned, please do not use your computer during the scan.
    • If no threats were found, click View detailed log.
      • Click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.
    • If the scan detected any threats, click Apply Actions.
      • To complete any actions taken you will be prompted to restart your computer...click on Yes.
      • After reboot, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and click the History Tab at the top and select Application Logs.
      • Check the box next to Scan Log. Choose the most current scan and click View.
      • Click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.
  • Providing the MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware log file
    • Attach the log file you just saved to your next reply for further review.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 leftfooter

leftfooter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:37 AM

Hi,

Thanks very much for your help. I kept calling back to the site but my post shown '0' views, so not knowing about

this reply I actually downloaded  ADWCleaner. It came up with two lines or files that I think were meant to be infections.

I am not sure what I pressed after that but a log file was produced afterwards. 

Binkiland still opens when I use chrome but it seems to have cleared from firefox - which introduced it via an update

but now seems to run a lot faster!

I will start again as per your advicew above, hopefully I have not made the situation worse.

Thanks

Dave

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,195 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:07 PM

All the other tools were clean?

Did you look in Control Panel / Add/remove and see if Binkiland was there?

Look in Chromes plugins for items to disable...
How To Disable Individual Plug-ins in Google Chrome
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 leftfooter

leftfooter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:25 PM

From initial advice on google I used (or tried to use) Add/Remove. At first I thought I had

success, with hindsight I am not sure. i.e. I seem to have lost the delete part now!

When I found Binkiland in Add/Remove and clicked on it another pop up box appeared

(small redish colour) with delet in it. I clicked it and remember getting some kind of error

warning - sorry can't remember what. I continued and deleted Binkiland.

I has completely disapeared from within Add/Remove programs, but if I click on any programs

now within Add/Remove, the option to delete does not appear. Inacfact apart from the selected

program greying out nothing happens whatever I press now! Binkiland still opens if I use chrome.

but not if I use firefox, as I said no problems, infact it seems to have gone a bit faster.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,195 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:30 PM

Do you have install disks ,we can get files off of?

#7 leftfooter

leftfooter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:02 PM

No such luck. I bought this computer/laptop second hand. It does everything I want which is not very demanding

untill now. I run a free edition of avast on it and it is a HP Pavilion dv 800. I never thought of using avast browser scanner

until typing this just now, I'm sure there is a browser scanner in the tools section of it.

I will try it and get back!

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,195 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:26 PM

Let try running this and maybe we won't need the disk.

Download Windows Repair (All in One) from this site

Install the program then run it.

NOTE 1. In Windows Vista, 7 and 8 right click on the program, click "Run As Administrator".
NOTE 2. Disable your antivirus program before running Windows Repair.

Go to Step 3 and click on Check button next to 1. See If Check Disk Is Needed.
If the tool indicates that the Check Disk is needed click on Do It button next to 2. Check Disk, then restart your computer.

1406373241-3-o.png

Once the above is done, go to Step 4 and allow it to run System File Check by clicking on the Do It button.

1406373250-4-o.png

Go to Step 5 and under"System Restore" click on Create button.

1406373259-5-o.png

Go to Start Repairs tab and click the Start button.

1406373267-start1-o.png

Leave the check marks as they are.
NOTE for Windows 8 users. Reset Registry Permissions is NOT checked by design.

Click on Start Repairs button.

1406373275-start2-o.png

After the repair finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer. Please allow it to do so.

Please post the Windows Repair log which is located in the following folder:
64-bit systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Tweaking.com\Windows Repair (All in One)\Logs
32-bit systems - C:\Program Files\Tweaking.com\Windows Repair (All in One)\Logs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users