Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thanks Bleeping Computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 awdogman

awdogman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:57 PM

Finding you has made my day or should I say week ! I searched the internet till I found the most sensible and logical answer to dealing with my problem. " get the discount" and "dealsteer" and it was Adwcleaner. Your in my favorites for ever, Thanks. Aw Dogman

Edited by hamluis, 03 March 2015 - 05:06 PM.
Moved from Intros to Announcements/Comments - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:50 PM

Thank you for the kind words. It is for members such as yourself that this site exists. Your saying thank you helps remind the volunteers why they do this.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 MaryBet82

MaryBet82

• Members
  • 440 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:50 AM

I want to add my thanks to awdogman. I can't say thanks enough for all the help I've received here.

mac 10.6 on macbook pro
WinXP sp2 on Dell 380 w/ 512 MB RAM- currently dead in the water
WinXP tab ed sp 3 on Thinkpad X41 w/ 1.5 GB RAM - lemony flavored
Win2K Sp4 on Sony VAIO GXR600 w/ 512 MB RAM - currently blue screening

#4 dher490

dher490

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:22 AM

I want to say I'm so glad I found you folks! I was on here awhile back (a couple of years ago, maybe) with questions about a laptop that was given to me and was infested with malware, etc. I followed all of your instructions back then and over a couple of hours it was cleaned, cured, up and running, FINE! I thanked you then and swear by this site's online forums, exchanges, etc.

I posted a piece in another forum tonight about what I thought might be a hardware problem but could've been a malware problem as well. It was on my personal (gaming) computer that I baby. So I didn't think it would be a malware because I'm really guarded about things when I use that particular machine to go online for things other than gaming.  The "Ask Toolbar" and two other critters were removed by Hitman Pro on 03/26/15 that I thought cured the problem but this a.m. it's back. Either way, I fought through all of the blinking cursor, skipping key strikes, flashing url/toolbars to get to your site here. I read some of the forums and came across your recommended "malware search and removal" instructions. I  followed them and your step by step instructions and thought I had a five day old very annoying, very troubling problem fixed in a matter of fifteen minutes. I'm a big fan of this site but the time I spent last night didn't work.

So, I'm going to try removing recent hardware changes one at a time and see if that does the trick. Before I do the most recent changes I'm going to go to my graphics card and remove that first.

I'm a believer of this site!

Thanks again,

Dennis

Edited by dher490, 27 March 2015 - 10:47 AM.

#5 Lmhteach

Lmhteach

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:07 PM

I also am huge fan of bleeping computer and the wonderful volunteers that do an amazing job!  Twice in the last year I have had problems, and both times, volunteers from this site saved me.  This last problem took a lot of back and forth, but Jurgen stayed with me through it and saved the one year old computer I was ready to throw away.  You could tell it was on his mind.  He put a lot of thought and time into making my computer a safe environment again.  There are good people in this world!

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users