Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio from computer distorts when transferring files to cloud?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FullMe7alJacke7

FullMe7alJacke7

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:38 PM

So I was playing music today through windows media player and I know it is not the file itself because even youtube started to do this...

I have a 1.5Tb HDD hooked up to my Netgear AC3200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router via 3.0 usb port. Just recently after taking my laptop into best buy for them to replace my mouse pad they shipped it back damaged as if someone had dropped it or the UPS people threw it around... either way I took it back they replaced the visibly broken piece of the computer shell and (to my knowledge, fixed the rattling noise inside). then shipped it back to me. I picked it up and it is about a week later now I noticed that when I am copying movies or music over to my cloud from my laptop that my currently playing audio distorts as if the audio is lagging.... How could this be so if the file being played itself is on my laptop HDD and not on my cloud HDD. I have a Asus gaming computer so I know that it is not my hardware being bogged down because it happens no matter what same results copying 8 movies at once compared to 1 three minute music file that only takes all of 3 seconds to copy....

EDIT: Well I discovered now that it has nothing to do with my internet or anything because I opened itunes & windows media player separately and played music then scrolled through my songs and even that made the sound distort just moving the side scroller through my songs so I will be returning this to best buy first thing tomorrow.... 

Edited by FullMe7alJacke7, 03 March 2015 - 08:03 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,445 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:49 PM

Let me get this right, you're playing music while copying files to the cloud, correct?

Is your drive a Solid State Drive (SSD) or Hard Drive (HD)?

If it is a HD the issue is probably that the files being copied and the files being played are in different areas of the drive and the lag is due to the hard drive head having to go back and forth.

#3 FullMe7alJacke7

FullMe7alJacke7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:25 PM

Yes, I have a HD not a SSD.

I was copying my movies over from my HD to my Cloud Drive via my home network, and I was using windows media player & youtube to listen to music while the files were copying over to the cloud. Now there seems to be a lag no matter what I do that distorts and makes my sound & video skip. Would that be my graphics card failing? 

Like right now if I play a youtube video and it is the only thing running it is almost unwatchable it lags & distorts so badly playing so slowly.

Same thing with music files that are on my HD, it is like when the computer has to do any work requiring audio or video playback it slows down, it is not a steady lag though, some times it is just some static in a word in my music and then when I scroll through my music or something it gets worse and more drawn out.

It is like trying to play World of Warcraft on Dial Up, terrible....

edit: Cannot play videos from my laptops HD anymore either, even though I just watched a movie off of it on my TV a few hours ago just fine no problems... It seems like the problem is escalating quickly because it was just a little distort at the beginning of movies at first... now they won't even play they just freeze in place where i start them at.

Also cannot play Rift, figured I would give it a shot looks like for the most part when there is a lot being required of the computer now it gets really choppy.... Sounded like my laptop was communicating with the Decepticons lol 

EDIT: Well my laptop restarted and now it is not doing it...... i'm going to leave it running to see if it escalates again

Edited by FullMe7alJacke7, 04 March 2015 - 07:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users