Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Easy Recovery Essentials

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ronkar

ronkar

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:20 PM

Does anyone know anything about Easy Recovery Essentials.  If it's legit or not. 

Edited by hamluis, 03 March 2015 - 05:09 PM.
Moved from Win 8 to All Other Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,600 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:05 PM

Does anyone know anything about Easy Recovery Essentials.  If it's legit or not. 

Isn't there a free way to do the same thing?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:40 AM

You can basically do the same with any Windows installation CD, which allows you to access the Recovery PE or any other Antivirus Rescue CD (for the Antivirus scanner part). From the Recovery PE, using the command prompt, I can do pretty much everything I want, even backing up files to an external storage media if I want to. Personally, I wouldn't invest money in this, but I would invest in a DVD on which you'll have the installation .iso for your version of Windows, that you can use in case it fails.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 ronkar

ronkar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:23 PM

Thanks for your input.

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:24 PM

No problem ronkar, our pleasure :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,600 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:51 AM

You can basically do the same with any Windows installation CD, which allows you to access the Recovery PE or any other Antivirus Rescue CD (for the Antivirus scanner part). From the Recovery PE, using the command prompt, I can do pretty much everything I want, even backing up files to an external storage media if I want to. Personally, I wouldn't invest money in this, but I would invest in a DVD on which you'll have the installation .iso for your version of Windows, that you can use in case it fails.

A back-up ISO DVD is a great item to keep handy.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:47 AM

It is because not everyone have a built-in recovery partition on their drive that they can use to access the Recovery PE. When you can't boot into Windows or can barely use it, the Recovery PE and the command prompt become your best troubleshooting environment and tool in these cases.

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users