Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavilion G6 - wires under LCD screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wizard Sleeve

Wizard Sleeve

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:48 PM

Hi,

Hoping someone on here will be able to help - I've been searching for the answer for a long time but cannot find it anywhere!

I'm trying to fix an HP Pavilion G6 laptop that has been dropped. The hinge has broken on the right hand side and severed a black wire. The wire runs up the side of the plasic underneath the LCD screen and looks connected to a metal plate at the top near the centre. I haven't opened it up yet to see where the other end connect to internally. It's not a WIFI connector or webcam and it doesn't seem to make any difference to anything when the laptop if running. What is this wire??

There is a white wire on the other side that is connected in the same way as the black one above, but it is still intact.

Some pictures below if they are viewable:

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/Mondo870/IMG_0229_zpsl82vnh1o.jpg

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/Mondo870/IMG_0228_zpsydoko4md.jpg

What do you think?

Thanks

Simon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:09 PM

Here is your service manual. See page 24. It looks like your Wifi antenna wires. It may be the cable to your webcam but I cannot confirm that.

#3 Wizard Sleeve

Wizard Sleeve
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:36 PM

Ah, a quick look on eBay and that looks like it. I wrongly assumed there was only one antenna wire and not two. Thanks!

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:26 PM

I would think Ebay would be fine for the antenna. I bought a LED LCD screen and converter cable for a Compaq to replace the CCFL backlight I originally had and it worked fine. If you need to cross reference anything HP related to can go to HP partsurfer. I would not be surprised if their price was high compared to Ebay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users