Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Epson Stylus Printer Issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lonewolf68

Lonewolf68

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:45 AM

Hello,

I would like some help please.

I am running Windows 7 32bit operating system, I have been given an Epson Stylus DX4800 printer and trying to install to computer. Wasn't given any installations discs though. I managed to plug it in and turn computer on and it found a driver to run the printer, which is fine. Issue now having is it doesn't seem to recognise that the printer has inks. When you open maintenance the ink chart doesn't have any information. I do know the inks are low, and I have a set which should be arriving today. To replace or buy inks is greyed out so not sure if when I try to install the inks I will have an issue.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Tania

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:00 AM

You can download the epson driver here. Select your OS in the dropdown box. The driver installed when attached to the computer may be a Windows generic driver. Create a Restore Point before installing.

Here is your support page for manuals. You may find something in them.

Here is the online guide for the printer.

#3 Lonewolf68

Lonewolf68
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:15 PM

I created a restore point, and downloaded the drivers from post above, but it doesn't seemed to have made any difference. In printing preferences:- Status Monitor 3 (M) is greyed out, and also Ink Cartridge Replacement is also greyed out.

Does anyone have any ideas what else I can try. I have a fresh set of inks waiting to install.

Regards

Tania

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:48 PM

I'm not sure why you cannot get the status monitor to work but this third party utility can be used to check ink status. Be careful how you use the other functions. Your DX4800 is supported

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,977 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:17 PM

One possibility is that the ink tanks that were in this printer when you were given it were after market tanks rather than Epson ones and the printer isn't reading the chips on the tanks properly.

I just had to replace a failed Epson and it got a seriously upset every time I put cartridges from my usual supplier in. They always worked but I had to sooth the printer's feelings every time I put new ones in ! 

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users