Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Public Preview 2.1.0

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 1PW

1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:19 PM

Hello All:

The public preview build 2.1.0.1009 has been made available:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/forum/157-malwarebytes-anti-malware-210-beta/

Please let the developers know, by posting in the above thread, what you have experienced if you give this build a try.

You need not uninstall or perform a Clean Install of a previous version. Hence an install on top of an existing version is perfectly okay.

Enjoy.

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,586 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:26 PM

Just installed it :) I love the new UI and the scan animation. Honestly, Malwarebytes 2.1.0 is now "Windows 8.1"-ready when it comes to the UI. Will keep it active (except with the web protection module) and see how it goes. Also, a "Threat" scan took me around 10 minutes with the Rootkit scan enabled. And on this, I was playing Guild Wars 2 and watching Hawaii Five-O on VLC :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:06 AM

Lots of improvements and user interface enhancements as promised.

Keep in mind this version is for beta testing purposes and the Malwarebytes Team want to hear back from those using it. As noted, create a new topic in the Malwarebytes Beta Testing Program to post any feedback you wish to provide to them.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 1PW

1PW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:45 PM

Hello All:

Re: MBAM v2.1.3.1017 RC2

If you have not tried the latest Release Control, it's availabe to all through https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/165570-malwarebytes-anti-malware-21x-release-candidate-2/page-6#entry946989

No login is needed. As quiteman7 says above, if you experience new and unreported issues that Malwarebytes should be made aware of, please use his link above.

Thyank you. :)

Edited by 1PW, 12 March 2015 - 04:48 PM.

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users