Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this graphic card compatible with my motherboard?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MyTurtles

MyTurtles

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:36 PM

I have a dell 088dt1 motherboard and I'm planning on upgrading my graphics card to a gtx 750 ti. Is it compatible?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:03 PM

Is this a dell Inspiron 3847?  Can you tell us the wattage of the current power supply?  The 750 ti requires at least a 300 watt psu.  But I would recommend a 450 or 500 watt psu

#3 MyTurtles

MyTurtles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:06 PM

Yes, it's a dell inspiron 3847 and my current power supply is 300w.

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:10 PM

Well it SHOULD work.  But I would still want a beefier PSU.  Also the only other thing to check is whether it will fit inside your case.  Before you buy.. check the specs on the dimensions of the card and make sure its not too long or too high such that you cant put the case back on.  This is NOT a slim line model right?  I don't see the measurements for the computer so your better off measuring just to be sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users