Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spotify and "Not Responding"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PJOYR

PJOYR

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:35 PM

I installed Spotify Premium (which works very well) but then I started getting "Not Responding" in Adobe, Excel and QuickBooks. I uninstalled Spotify and the "Not Respondings" stopped. After a month I reinstalled Spotify Premium and now I am having the "Not Responding" problems again. Have I done something wrong? Can I fix it or do I have to cancel my subscription?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 expertmax

expertmax

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:32 PM

Are you running Windows 10 in a virtual machine ?

Press on the Windows Key on your keyboard, then type "devmgmt.msc" without the quotes, wait 2 seconds and press Enter. Make sure there is no missing driver or disabled hardware.

Another thing would be to try to limit the amount of CPU threads the software is allowed to use. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL, click on Task Manager, go to the Processes tab, right click spotify.exe or whatever software has issues and click on "Set Affinity...". Then click any random checkbox but only select one "CPU".

The very last test I would try is trying to find bad sectors on your hard drive. Go to your hardware vendor's website and run their diagnosis tool.

Good luck.

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,930 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:21 PM

I installed Spotify Premium (which works very well) but then I started getting "Not Responding" in Adobe, Excel and QuickBooks. I uninstalled Spotify and the "Not Respondings" stopped. After a month I reinstalled Spotify Premium and now I am having the "Not Responding" problems again. Have I done something wrong? Can I fix it or do I have to cancel my subscription?

Are you sure that Spotify has been optimized for Windows 10 already?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users