Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Laptop Battery Protection Circuit Tripped.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alloy25

Alloy25

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:56 PM

Hello everyone.  My first post to this great board.  I have a problem that has me stumped.

I bought a new in box laptop recently (Pavilion Sleekbook 14-b010us), but the manufactue date was in 2012.  Looks like the battery protection circuit has tripped

It's a VK04 battery.  Part number from service manual: 695192-001

The laptop battery light blinks white (The battery has reached a low battery level).  Tried charging the battery in the laptop for several days.  Tried running battery test multiple times.  Sometimes it says no battery installed, and others that the battery needs calibrating.  Battery recalibration runs for about 10 seconds and goes back to the Hardware Diagnostics UEFI screen.

Went to Batteries Plus but they don't have a replacement battery for this model.  Which means they don't know which connector to use to plug it into their battery analyzer. 

Are there any other ways to Wake Up or Boost the battery so it can be recharged?

I've been trying to find a pinout for the battery connectors.  Found it for other models, but not this one.  I've tried HP but most questions of this type go unanswered.  Didn't find any information in the Service Manual.

Anyone have an idea is this battery pinout is identical to other HPs?  Batteries Plus said if they can get the model number of a battery with identical pinouts, they can test/boost the battery.  They won't test because they are worried it may destroy the battery.

Found this in the forums:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=695192-001

Click on the yellow strip and it gives 200+ models this battery is used on. 

Thanks.

Edited by Alloy25, 02 March 2015 - 03:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alloy25

Alloy25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:17 PM

There are 8 pins on my laptop like this, two larger ones on the left:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xuco5gjowhu5m76/original.jpg?dl=0

Edited by Alloy25, 02 March 2015 - 03:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users