Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

budget gaming laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 taoora

taoora

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:38 PM

Anyone had any kind of experience with Medion computers? I'm looking for a gaming laptop with a budget around 1k€..and this Medion Erazer X7830 is looking really really solid for the price you pay. I can get one for 999€ and the specs are:
43.9cm (17.3") full HD LED (1920x1080)
Intel Core i7 4710MQ (4th generation, 2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.5 GHz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M 3GB GDDR5
1TB Hard Drive
64 GB SSD Hard Drive
8 GB DDR3L SD RAM
9-cell Li-ion power battery
Intel ® Wireless-N 7260 with built-in Bluetooth 4.0 function
HD Audio with 2 speakers and 1 subwoofer

what do you guys think? Any other recommendations for a gaming laptop around 1000€?
Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Javrak

Javrak

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:13 PM

It's my opinion that gaming laptops aren't worth it, so the cheaper the better. If you need to bring it to a shop to repair it the repair will usually run more than is worth doing. If you are ok with that outcome, then yeah the specs sound great for the price. i7 laptops without a lot of bells and whistles tend to run close to the 1k mark.

#3 taoora

taoora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:27 PM

Well there are a few problems with Medon laptops as far as I've read on random reviews..they tend to break down quite a bit..there are numerous happy customers but quite a few unhappy as well. And their repair service seems to be quite bad, I heard people complaining about really really really long waiting lines (over 45 days even though 45 days is max by the law) etc...I need a solid computer that would run pretty much all the newer games and the games that are yet to come out and I dont really like the idea of having a station PC as I use the PC for my job as well...not sure what to do really

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

Hi there and welcome to BC.. I too have read some bad reviews about that laptop maybe try heading over to Schenker or xotic pc and put yourself together something you can be happy with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users