Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer starts, then power light flickers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Coolos

Coolos

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:45 AM

Hey guys, I am having a problem with a computer when trying to turn it on. The power light comes on, but then starts flickering. All three fans inside the computer are running, and power is being sent to the USB outlets. However, the monitor is not connecting. Here is all of the parts in the computer:

Intel Core i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10GHz Processor
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H61M-DS2 Motherboard
4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6670 Graphics Card
298GB Western Digital Hard-Drive
Cooler Master Extreme+ 500W Power Supply (will support up to a Radeon R9 270X gfx card).
Windows 7 64-bit

The computer has been moved around a bit, so could this just be a loose wire somewhere? The computer is custom built. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 masterthemachines

masterthemachines

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

Hello there,

Sounds like a power supply issue. Can you replace the power supply and see if that solves the issue? 

Keep us posted! 

#3 Coolos

Coolos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:15 PM

Are you talking about the PSU?

#4 Jman005

Jman005

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:31 PM

Do you mean the monitor light or the tower light?

#5 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:01 PM

If the computer has been moved I'm more inclined to believe there may be a simple connection problem.  Either the video card (if it has one) maybe came lose or a connection has come lose. Let us know.

#6 Coolos

Coolos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:11 PM

I mean the tower light. I am hoping it is a simple connection problem. I tried to make sure everything was completely plugged in, but I was not very thorough. Ill go through it tonight and let you know the results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users