Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to enable BIOS Splash Screen?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 NunoLava1998

NunoLava1998

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:48 AM

(yes, i know this is triple post. i just really want it!)

How do i enable BIOS Splash Screen on my Flatron L192WS?

The key to enter BIOS is Del.

The Processor is a Intel Quad Core, it is an i3.

I want to disable POST Screen and enable BIOS Splash Screen.

Also in the POST screen boot somehere, i think on the top (Still DOS text, so no image) it says "American Megatrends"

My Keyboard is a packard bell one. It has space but no FN key beacuse of the number pad that is in the keyboard.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:49 PM

When you enter the bios with the delete key somewhere in there should be the option for quickboot or quiteboot or show logo something like that.  I don't know if your computer is capable of this as each bios has it's own set of tools/options.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:41 PM

Please do the following so I can see who the manufacturer of the BIOS is.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.
What is the Make and Model of this computer?

Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 NunoLava1998

NunoLava1998
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:07 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/8jzRvIy2GO2AY37NvhnPj2R

Note that the 40 celsius temperature is beacuse i just started the computer. When it is idle it reaches about 60 to 70 celsius but when i am playing minecraft in linux mint for a hour it is 90 celsius... lol

TJ Max is also 100 celsius

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:49 AM

Note that the 40 celsius temperature is beacuse i just started the computer.

Is the the CPU or the GPU?

If this is the CPU, and you are seeing temperatures around 90c, I would suggest opening the case to see if the fan and heatsink assembly on the CPU is full of dust.  If it is use a can of duster (mistakenly called canned air) to blow out the dust.  You will want to place an object like a pencil through the blades of the fan to keep it from spinning.

This is your BIOS and UEFI firmware.

American Megatrends Inc.

Version: P1.20

As for changing the splash screen.  You might be able to get answers from ASRock if you call their support phone line.  For customer support options look here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 NunoLava1998

NunoLava1998
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:15 AM

I now posted on tom's hardware if they can answer:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2562290/enable-bios-splash-screen-asrock-bios.html

#7 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:04 PM

When you enter the bios with the delete key somewhere in there should be the option for quickboot or quiteboot or show logo something like that.  I don't know if your computer is capable of this as each bios has it's own set of tools/options.

I am pretty sure the answer you got there is the same answer I gave you.. since you did not post your system specs before I answered your post.  I gave you the same answer they did on toms hardware.  But hey I don't mind being right.

#8 NunoLava1998

NunoLava1998
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:48 AM

Umm, really, YeahBleeping gave me an answer which was in BIOS, it was there, it was disabled, enabled and now i have a splash screen, yay!

The only problem i had with the splash screen, all i could see was the animation, and it did not even last for a second.

Also why the hell when it booted windows 10 too after the loading it was on a black screen for 15 to 30 seconds then it would finally display the lock screen?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users