Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Its been bit warm lately....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,588 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:29 AM

http://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/relentless-endless-summer-the-queensland-town-where-its-been-40-degrees-pretty-much-forever/story-e6frflp0-1227245043460

Edited to add 40C = 104F

42C = 108F

45C = 113F

Edited by Condobloke, 02 March 2015 - 04:31 AM.

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal,

It is the Courage to Continue that Counts.

W.C. 4th June 1940

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:12 PM

I think there are a lot more strange and extended sequences of events that are setting records of all kinds.  Mother nature has so many options to choose from and even a few that are making us humans feel guilty/responsible.  Yes, carbon sequestration can help for now but reducing emmissions helps now and will only provide more benefits when mother nature returns to a normal course.  Many events weigh heavily upon other affects.  Fukushima and the vast amount of garbage it washed into the ocean to join the huge plastic vortex already present can skew water temps at varying depths.  Much of that trash has not sunk to the bottom but remains suspended at different depths according to their natural bouyancy and is difficult to track.

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:48 AM

If you could send some of that heat my way I would appreciate it. :P It has been quite cold in my area for quite some time now. Been around -20C here.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#4 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,553 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:46 AM

Maybe the view from the front of my house will make you feel better. Many hours of shoveling went into those snow banks.

5agpzk.jpg

30tp5br.jpg
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#5 Master Qiang

Master Qiang

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:33 AM

Wow, that snow is crazy. Can't spring come already? Where I live we don't get snow. The last two days we got rain and wind. Today its sunny and dry. When summer comes though its going to hit 105 + degrees Fahrenheit. I really don't like living in the desert.

#6 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:57 AM

I grew up in Minnesota so I know all about the snow and cold.  But after four years stationed in Hawaii, San Fran was as far as I got before winter set in and I did not relish a return to the frozen north.   So northern California is as cold as I want to go.  Near freezing sometimes but the proximity of the Pacific helps to moderate the cold.  Very good environment if you don't mind the SHAKY ground.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users