Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building my computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _ElJefe_

_ElJefe_

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:16 PM

Hello! My current computer is getting a little old and I wanted to build a new one some time in the future and needed to know if the items I show here are everything I need and if they are good to go so the computer will work properly.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

MSI 970-ATX-AMD 970 Motherboard

Intel Core i5 3.2 GHz Quad Core

EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked 2 GB

Cooler Master CMP 350 Mid Tower 500 Watt

Corsair Vengeance 8 GB 2 x 4 1600 MHz

Samsung Super Write Master SH-224DB Internal

Seagate Desktop HDD Internal 3.5" 7200 Rpm 1tb

Cooler Master Hyper N520 RR-920-N520-GP processor cooler

Please let me know if this would come together perfectly or if I need some changes. Sorry if some of this might be wrong but I'm not too good with building computers yet, I'm still learning. Please let me know and I will be very thankful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:47 AM

Hi, welcome to Bleeping Computer.

The motherboard you selected is for AMD processors, an Intel processor can't be used with it.

I'd recommend trying out pcpartpicker, you can try out builds and their compatability filter will only let you pick parts that go together. http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

You can get an AMD processor to replace the Intel one.  I would swap out the motherboard for the GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3P and get one of the FX CPU's, such as the FX-8370, FX-8350, or the FX-8320.

3939.png

#4 _ElJefe_

_ElJefe_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:12 PM

Thanks for your help guys I changed a few things and that website you showed me says everything is compatible! Thanks a lot

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:17 AM

What exactly is the new build?  PCPartPicker isn't bad, but it isn't a substitute for actually doing research to understand why a part may or may not be a good choice.

3939.png

#6 Serpius

Serpius

• Banned
  • 121 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:19 AM

Hello! My current computer is getting a little old and I wanted to build a new one some time in the future and needed to know if the items I show here are everything I need and if they are good to go so the computer will work properly.

** Rest of post deleted for brevity **

Please let me know if this would come together perfectly or if I need some changes. Sorry if some of this might be wrong but I'm not too good with building computers yet, I'm still learning. Please let me know and I will be very thankful.

What is your new computer build budget?

I might be able to give you a list of good computer components that will work well together.

The list will include pricing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users