Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restoring Computer?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 azhariqbal

azhariqbal

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 28 June 2006 - 04:18 AM

Hi

have tried to restore my system and it always comes back with, the computer could not be restored. When I go into system restore there are bold dates yet when I say for it to restore it goes through the procedure and shuts down and all then comes back with that message restore incompleat the computer can not be restored. Can anyone tell me what has happen or what I need to do to fix the problem. I have turned off the system restore shut the system down and waited about a week or two and then tried it again and I still get the same message. would it have anythng to do with any of the updates that have been done on the system. the same problem happen's on my laptop and my other pc both are running XP.
Thank you for any help anyone can give
Azhar Iqbal
Cell: 92345-3006911
Email: azhar-5i@hotmail.com
Web: http://www.arbico.co.uk

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:23 PM

If you have an XP install disc (not a recovery disc) you can try this: Navigate to \Windows\inf\. Right-click on the file sr.inf and select Install. Have the XP disc loaded in the optical drive.

#3 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:38 PM

You might try clikcking Start & RUN & type in sfc /scannow & click OK.
There is a space between the c & the /.

You may need your XP or recovery CD.
At some point it may ask you to insert one.
Or not,if you have a recovery partition.

Google sfc /scannow if you are unfamiliar with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users