Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ghost user on my computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 evelyn.dowdy

evelyn.dowdy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:25 PM

It's as if someone else in my computer,there are programs and downloads that I didn't put on there.It will not let me open some sites in my browers if it not going to be beneficial to it(them or whatever it is),I can also cut off my internet connection.I have had to buy 5 different computers in less than a year and a half.I thought it might be ransomeware but none is ever found.

Edited by Budapest, 01 March 2015 - 10:09 PM.
Moved from Win7 ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:59 AM

Hi evelyn.dowdy :)

Are you the only person using your computer, or is there anyone else using it? Let's check your installed programs and also users, to see if there's a logical explanation behind all this.

3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox
  • Download MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;
  • Execute MiniToolBox and check the following options:
    • Flush DNS;
    • Report IE Proxy Settings;
    • Reset IE Proxy Settings;
    • Report FF Proxy Settings;
    • Reset FF Proxy Settings;
    • List content of Hosts;
    • List Installed Programs;
    • List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size;
  • Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 evelyn.dowdy

evelyn.dowdy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:04 PM

Ghost in my computer.I actually believe its Microsoft's.It's as if I am being extorted into complying to their rules or else they will destroy my computer.About a year and a half ago,Microsoft wanted me to sign a document of becoming a client whereas my internet connection,I never signed,however I begin to notice my computer running slower and things on it I didn't put there setting reset where I didn't want them,it began to be a battle for control,that was the destruction of my first machine.YOU see if I don"t do as they say,they remove dlls.drivers,mix files and download programs that take out hard drives(thunk) was the name of it.And overheat your processor burning out the motor,these are just a few of the things I have endured in 18 months and 5 computers later.I can't run the toolbox now they have uninstalled my wireless internet sand installed their own,in which I don"t no the password,I need some help but I don"t no where to look or at this point who to trust,they also disguise or manufacture fake programs and computer pages.Thanks for reading,a Ghost in my machine.

Edited by evelyn.dowdy, 03 March 2015 - 01:07 PM.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:53 PM

Evelyn I can understand that you're having a hard time using your computer at the moment but trust me, Microsoft isn't behind this. They don't have that kind of access to your machine, nor do they have the power to do remotely everything you described. You also don't need to change your computer every time Windows stops working. In the worst cases, reinstalling it will make it work again, brand new. Now let's focus on the main issue, you're not able to access the Internet on that computer is that right? What happens when you try to download the MiniToolBox tool I linked?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users