Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Restarts Immediately when Loading Game or Running GPU Test

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JamesB02

JamesB02

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:20 PM

Recently Purchased a Acer Predator AG3-605-UR1D. It was a Manufacturer refurbished unit.

Windows 8 64-bit CPU: Intel Cor i7 4770

Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 1.5GB DRIVER VERSION: 347.52

12GB DDR3 Memory

2TB Hard Drive

FSP500-50AAGA Power Supply

Firewall is Disabled

Automatically Restart is Disabled

The computer usually shuts off when I attempt to run a game or run a graphics test using OCCT.

I was able to test the GPU for almost 3 minutes before restart last night, but that's the only time I've been able to. When I start test, the computer immediately restarts. Even after sitting all night and trying in the morning. With games, sometimes I can play for a hour or two before it restarts, sometimes not at all. If it restarts while I'm playing, it's always as soon as the game loads or I drop into a game.

Below are some event viewer errors I'm getting:

Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 3/1/2015 11:40:14 AM Event ID: 219 Task Category: (212) Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: GamingComp Description: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\SensorsAndLocationEnum\LPSensorSWDevice.

Log Name: Security Source: Microsoft-Windows-Eventlog Date: 3/1/2015 11:08:34 AM Event ID: 1101 Task Category: Event processing Level: Error Keywords: Audit Success User: N/A Computer: GamingComp Description: Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0

Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 3/1/2015 11:08:19 AM Event ID: 41 Task Category: (63) Level: Critical Keywords: (2) User: SYSTEM Computer: GamingComp Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 3/1/2015 11:08:19 AM Event ID: 41 Task Category: (63) Level: Critical Keywords: (2) User: SYSTEM Computer: GamingComp Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin Source: Microsoft-Windows-PrintService Date: 3/1/2015 11:02:58 AM Event ID: 215 Task Category: Installing a printer driver Level: Error Keywords: Printer Setup,Printer User: SYSTEM Computer: GamingComp Description: Installing printer driver Microsoft enhanced Point and Print compatibility driver failed, error code 0x0, HRESULT 0x80070661. See the event user data for context information.

Here is a results from the OCCT Test I ran: http://imgur.com/a/zRL6j

Is this a GPU issue or PSU? Any help is appreciated and if you nee any more info or test done, let me know. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:58 AM

My guess would be on the psu first, second the video card. Have you looked at any of the temperatures?

Try to run who crashed:

We need to analyze your operating system's crash dump files to further diagnose what could possibly be crashing your computer system.

Please download Who Crashed? and save it to your desktop.

Double click whocrashedSetup.exe and choose Run

On Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 machines, when User Account Control asks if you wish to install this program, say YES to install the program on your computer.

Program can also be installed by right click and choosing Run As An Administrator.

On the next screen choose Next and accept the agreement.

Install the program in it's default location C:\Program Files\WhoCrashed (If your primary drive is different from C:, choose your primary drive.)

Choose Next and allow program to create a Start Menu Folder called WhoCrashed and click Next.

Allow program to create desktop icon and click Next.

Now Click Install.

Once the program is installed on your computer system, look for the WhoCrashed icon.png desktop Icon and double click it.

Accept the User Account Control request and the program will open on your screen and should look something like this.

whocrashed.png

Next, Click the Analyze button. analyze.png

An Information Window should appear on your screen prompting you to scroll down your screen.

If a report was generated we would like to have a look at this report.

To do this, click File analyze.png and then choose Export.

Save as WhoCrashedOutput.htm to your desktop.

Open WhoCrashedOutput.htm and copy and paste all of the contents from System Information (local) and Crash Dump Analysis and the Conclusion into your next reply.

Edited by zingo156, 02 March 2015 - 10:58 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:07 PM

Also... just to gather some more information.  Was this computer ever working without doing this?  Have you installed any hardware or software recently that may have caused this to happen?  A quick web search found a possible link to Acronis true image or possible SSD driver issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users