Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer occasionally freezes (Perhaps windows explorer)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lethologicache

Lethologicache

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:01 PM

So occasionally now, when I am using my computer, it will freeze within a program, and everything will be inaccessible within this freeze time. It lasts around 30 seconds and happens every once in a while.

I am certain that this is malware of some kind. I just don't know how to fix it because I have tried to use Super Anti Spyware and nothing shows up. I am just new to this whole malware-fixing process.

I have a HijackThis log ready, and I am prepared to list my system specs, just not sure what you would need.

Thank you for any help!

Edited by hamluis, 02 March 2015 - 09:54 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Lethologicache

Lethologicache
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:36 PM

Ugh trying to delete, apparently I don't like to read. This is indeed the wrong place for this. Sorry~

#3 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:25 AM

Hey hope you are doing as well as you can be with freezes.  Who knows if you are infected or not, but please follow these instructions for what to do, who to contact and where to go for help.  The admins here and the virus experts are very very good, but please give them time, there is a ton of us, and very few of the experts.  Also, please try really hard to NOT do anything while you wait for help.  If there are any questions about the instructions for getting virus troubleshooting help please ask a admin, or reply back and others will get you pointed in the right direction to get help

AM I INFECTED getting help

Good luck and welcome to BC,

cz

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,193 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

Hi Lethologicache :)

At this point, it is too soon to assume that your issue is caused by malware on your system, so let's take a look at your system and see what could cause these freezes. I'll start with the installed programs and the Event Viewer errors.

3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox
  • Download MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;
  • Execute MiniToolBox and check the following options:
    • List Installed Programs;
    • List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size;
  • Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:21 PM

Not long after the OP made his/her original post here, he/she re-posted in Malware Removal Logs.
That topic is here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568789/computer-occasionally-freezes-perhaps-windows-explorer/

Please be patient as you wait for someone to assist you in Malware Removal Logs.
Do not make any changes to your computer.

To avoid confusion, this topic is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users