Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon i550 acts like it is printing but no words on page

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fiddle78

Fiddle78

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:02 PM

HI everyone how is it going on this fine day.  I am having a frusterating issue with a canon i550 standalone printer that is hooked up to my windows 8.1 desktop computer.  After I hooked this printer up to the tower I puahed the  on button  on the printer and windows 8.1 found and downloaded and installed the driver for this printer with no issues at all.  So I tried printing a document so I went under file and print with the printer on the printer acts like it is printing something out but when the printer boots out the page it is completly blank their are no words on the page at all.  When I do push the print function under the file menu and I push continue the printer starts to print and then a small winow will come up showing what is  going on with the printer like the name of the document printing also in this window it says that the cyan, and the Megenta ink cartridges are low on ink.  My question is this do I have to have all my ink cartridges full of ink in order for my printer to start printing words or pictures on the page.

I was also wondering can any windows update prevent my printer from printing any words on the page.  I was also curious if my antivirus can block or prevent my printer from printing sentences on the page in the first place.

Help appreciated as always.

Thanks

Some info that might help

Windows 8.1 64 bit operating system

Avast antivirus free 2015.1.0.0.2208

I am no advanced user of computers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:51 PM

It depends on the printer if you have to have all of the ink cartridges full and/or functional.  I'm not a fan of the ink printers and recommend a laser printer if at all possible.

Edited by Kilroy, 01 March 2015 - 10:02 PM.

#3 Fiddle78

Fiddle78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:16 AM

Thanks Bc Advisor for your reply.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:53 PM

Check the manual for troubleshooting print errors.  If it was a PDF I'd have looked for you, but Canon made the user manual an EXE, no thanks.

#5 Fiddle78

Fiddle78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:49 AM

HI Bc advisor I do not recive any error messages at all the printer does not print anything on the peace of paper the paper remains blank when it comes out of the printer with no words or sentences at all.  I get no error messages at all.

thanks 

Bc Advisor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users