Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rbtfy? Avast keeps blocking it

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 psychotron

psychotron

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:49 PM

I keep getting popups from Malware Bytes that say "data.rbtfy.com" has been blocked. It's very annoying and I want to make an exception for it so it will stop popping up, but I want to be careful because I don't know what it is. It says it's coming from Avast, my anti-virus. Any ideas on how I should address this?

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:32 PM

First, read This Topic for allowing Web Exclusions from your program.
Next, follow the directions in This Topic to install a fresh version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.

Next uninstall or disable  Avast antivirus while you scan with ESET Online Antivirus - (See below)
Temporarily Disable your Antivirus

Run ESET Online Scanner.

• For Internet Explorer users only, hold down Control  (Ctrl) and click on This Link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the ESET Online button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu. to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives and Remove Threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    Scan potentially unwanted applications
     Scan for potentially unsafe applications
     Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.
  • Please be patient as this will take some time (2 hours is not unusual for a first scan).
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.

NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

Copy and Paste any logs from these programs back here and tell us if there has been any change to your problems.

#3 psychotron

psychotron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:59 AM

Hmm. I'm not seeing the problem anymore, so I guess it's not an issue. Thank you for your help however.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:36 PM

OK.

It may have been excluded from Malwaebytes Anti-Malware detections base.

Please start a new topic if you have other problems, as I will Unfollow this now that you seem to be happy.

Regards from the B.C. Helpers ......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users