Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

During virus removal help, Forum member found hardware issues?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 pcnovice78

pcnovice78

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:24 PM

Hello,

Forum member is helping me fix virus issues on my laptop. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on Acer Aspire 7741. The potential hardware issues are as follows from a FRST log:

Error: (03/01/2015 01:12:30 AM) (Source: SideBySide) (EventID: 35) (User: )
Description: Activation context generation failed for "UccApi,processorArchitecture="AMD64",type="win32",version="15.0.0.0"1".Error in manifest or policy file "UccApi,processorArchitecture="AMD64",type="win32",version="15.0.0.0"2" on line UccApi,processorArchitecture="AMD64",type="win32",version="15.0.0.0"3.
Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component requested.
Reference is UccApi,processorArchitecture="AMD64",type="win32",version="15.0.0.0".
Definition is UccApi,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="15.0.0.0".
Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: ElRawDisk
Description: ElRawDisk
Class Guid: {8ECC055D-047F-11D1-A537-0000F8753ED1}
Manufacturer:
Service: ElRawDisk
Problem: : This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)
Resolution: The device is installed incorrectly. The problem could be a hardware failure, or a new driver might be needed.
Devices stay in this state if they have been prepared for removal.
After you remove the device, this error disappears.Remove the device, and this error should be resolved.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:30 PM

You need to complete your MRL topic at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567835/redirects-pop-ups-in-firefox-with-pc-support-for-norton-microsoft-and-others/page-3 before attempting to address other issues.

To prevent confusion, this topic is closed.  When your MRL topic is closed, then you can PM me and I will reopen this topic.

Thanks for understanding :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users