Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about user accounts Windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Serious Noize

Serious Noize

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:09 PM

I bought this PC brand new a few months ago, I have only ever created One account, a Microsoft Account on Windows 8.1. 

Today I thought I would temporarily enable the Administrator account. So I enabled the account and logged off my account. What I find as odd is that when I go to the login screen there are 2 Administrator accounts listed along with my normal account. Out of curiosity I tried them both and they both let me login without a password.

After loging out and loging back into my regular account I disabled the administrator account, when going back to the login screen neither one of the listed administrator accounts were available as an option.

I was just wondering if this is normal, or what might could be going on here? I find it odd that I would enable the Administrator account but it be listed 2 times as an option to login. Could someone have hacked my PC and created a HIDDEN Administrator account that only they can log into?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:21 PM

What date was the second admin. account created? Was it created before the date that you actually purchased your PC?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:23 PM

Does your computer have fast Access Facial recognition or Fingerprint logon technology?

http://superuser.com/questions/495158/duplicate-user-account-being-created-in-windows-8

#4 Serious Noize

Serious Noize
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:19 AM

Does your computer have fast Access Facial recognition or Fingerprint logon technology?

http://superuser.com/questions/495158/duplicate-user-account-being-created-in-windows-8

Thanks Haircut, that was my whole problem. I had installed YouCam 5 and it has a facial recognition feature on it, I tried it a time or two and I believe that's what happened. Thanks again.

#5 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:48 AM

Do you have Face Login enabled? I also have Youcam 5 installed but have not enabled the Face Login feature* and I have not observed the duplicate account problem.

I was unaware of this feature in YouCam 5

Edited by HairCut, 02 March 2015 - 09:50 AM.

#6 Serious Noize

Serious Noize
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:55 AM

Do you have Face Login enabled? I also have Youcam 5 installed but have not enabled the Face Login feature* and I have not observed the duplicate account problem.

I was unaware of this feature in YouCam 5

I enabled it and tried it. You can enable it from the fly out menu on the right. It seems to work pretty good, not sure how secure it is though, if you set it to high it ask you to blink your eyes when looking into the camera to login. The more I think about it I don't think YouCam5 was the problem, I was wrong about that. I think I may have had a virus, not sure what was going on, maybe a registry cleaner, or virus or corrupted file system.... I scanned my PC with everything I could think of from  Malware Bytes, Hitman Pro, Emsisoft Emergency Kit to name a few and never found anything. I decided just to do a factory reinstall to solve the problem. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users