Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 8 black screen after login

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 gaberilde

gaberilde

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:44 AM

windows 8 black screen after login after expanding drive and system repair

The Friget spinner is spreading like the WanaCry ransomware!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,696 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:48 PM

Hi gaber :)

When you open you login, can you press Ctrl + Alt + Del? If yes, click on Open Task Manager, then click on the File Menu and select Execute New Task. In there, enter explorer.exe and press on Enter. Is your background, desktop, etc. appearing then?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 gaberilde

gaberilde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:08 PM

Hi gaber :)

When you open you login, can you press Ctrl + Alt + Del? If yes, click on Open Task Manager, then click on the File Menu and select Execute New Task. In there, enter explorer.exe and press on Enter. Is your background, desktop, etc. appearing then?

when i click task manager it does nothing

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,696 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:16 PM

It doesn't open anything? Alright, if you boot in "Safe Mode with Networking", does it works?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/#windows8

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 gaberilde

gaberilde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:46 AM

It doesn't open anything? Alright, if you boot in "Safe Mode with Networking", does it works?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/#windows8

i think it is just broken the lock screen is blue with no date

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,696 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:52 AM

We can try to restore the system to a point where everything was still working. Do you have your laptop/computer Windows 8 installation CD/DVD or not?

unite_blue.png

#7 RootKit24

RootKit24

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:07 PM

@gaberilde, shutdown or restart your computer. As soon as the boot logo shows, start hitting the F8 key. Then select safe mode with networking. Once that is done let me know.

#8 gaberilde

gaberilde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:09 PM

We can try to restore the system to a point where everything was still working. Do you have your laptop/computer Windows 8 installation CD/DVD or not?

no but i dont think theres any points when  i tried befroe

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,696 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:43 PM

What is your computer/laptop brand and model if I may ask?

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users